Latitudes -- How long does it take for them to respond to an email?

sailandcruise

I emailed NCL over six weeks ago to correct a missing cruise on my Latitudes account and have not received any response or even an acknowledgement. :mad: The Latitudes Rewards Cruise History web page does state that it may take up to 2 weeks for them to respond as quoted below, but six weeks seems excessive. When I called the phone number they provide on the web site, I was connected to a reservations agent who told me that there is no phone number to call the Latitudes Department. :mad: I did have to send a general email rather than one specifically using their "Report a Missing Cruise" link because the latter requires that one specify a Norwegian ship on which the missing cruise occurred, and my missing credit was for a cruise on Orient Lines' Marco Polo. (This cruise was in December 2007 after NCL had announced that it was selling Marco Polo and shutting down Orient Lines, and that credits for this cruise would be applied to our Latitudes accounts.) While I understand that it may take some time to research the correction -- even though I did provide them with my reservation and ticket numbers -- they should have at least sent me an acknowledgement by now that they have received my request and are working on it. Has anyone else had to wait this long? Should I email them again or would that move me to the bottom of the queue? Is there any way to verify that my request has been received? Obviously, hearing nothing is very frustrating. Why hasn't NCL set up an automated response just to acknowledge that they received a message -- as do almost all customer facing organizations?

Due to an overwhelming response to the new Latitudes Rewards program, we are experiencing delays. Response time to your inquiry can take up to 2 weeks. Please do not resubmit your request. All inquiries will be addressed in the order they were received.

I emailed NCL over six weeks ago to correct a missing cruise on my Latitudes account and have not received any response or even an acknowledgement. :mad: The Latitudes Rewards Cruise History web page does state that it may take up to 2 weeks for them to respond as quoted below, but six weeks seems excessive. When I called the phone number they provide on the web site, I was connected to a reservations agent who told me that there is no phone number to call the Latitudes Department. :mad: I did have to send a general email rather than one specifically using their "Report a Missing Cruise" link because the latter requires that one specify a Norwegian ship on which the missing cruise occurred, and my missing credit was for a cruise on Orient Lines' Marco Polo. (This cruise was in December 2007 after NCL had announced that it was selling Marco Polo and shutting down Orient Lines, and that credits for this cruise would be applied to our Latitudes accounts.) While I understand that it may take some time to research the correction -- even though I did provide them with my reservation and ticket numbers -- they should have at least sent me an acknowledgement by now that they have received my request and are working on it. Has anyone else had to wait this long? Should I email them again or would that move me to the bottom of the queue? Is there any way to verify that my request has been received? Obviously, hearing nothing is very frustrating. Why hasn't NCL set up an automated response just to acknowledge that they received a message -- as do almost all customer facing organizations?

Due to an overwhelming response to the new Latitudes Rewards program, we are experiencing delays. Response time to your inquiry can take up to 2 weeks. Please do not resubmit your request. All inquiries will be addressed in the order they were received.

Maybe you should email them again. The initial inquiry may never have gone through. Also, I think you could send it through the missing cruise form but just pick a different ship and in the comments state that you are inquiring about the Marco Polo cruise that you took.

Is there a reason as to why you are in such a hurry for a response such as you have an upcoming cruise that would make you jump to another level?

The Latitudes department is overwhelmed and has been since the revampment of the program last December.

jdvmd,

Thanks for your response and suggestions. I'll give it a try, using one of the other ships on which I have sailed as the selection.

I do have another cruise coming up before the end of the year, but the missing credits won't make a difference in my level -- which is why I haven't worried about this for six weeks. I don't think that six weeks is being "in so much of a hurry" -- in fact, I think it's an extremely long time not to hear back from a customer service inquiry.

Most organizations have an automated response that at least acknowledges a request has been received. Even allowing for the possibility that they couldn't predict the overwhelming increase in service requests to the Latitudes Department when they revamped the program, I'm surprised that they didn't implement an auto-acknowledge feature when they realized that there would be delays. Not only would such a feature provide reassurance to customers, it would also benefit NCL by reducing the number of repeat requests from customers who have no idea if their original request was received or not. I also wonder why, once they realized the increased demand on this department, they did not add additional staff, even on a temporary basis, to clear the backlog. One would imagine that providing excellent service to repeat customers would be a high priority for them.

I was trying to go back through my correspondence and see if I had an auto acknowledgement from NCL and I am pretty sure that I did.

This makes me think that your initial inquiry did not go through.

If nothing else, the NCL rep on board your next cruise can check on this for you.

Here is also the email address that I have used. Maybe try that as well.

LatClerical@ncl.com

Finally, do you have a rep that you book NCL through? Perhaps, they could help.

FYI: NCL did hire additional people to assist with the backlog. Not sure if they are still there or not.

Since it has taken you five years to inquire, six weeks does not seem very long. Also, consider a registered letter where you will at least receive proof that it has been received.

I just noticed the mistake recently when I was booking my most recent cruise.

But I think you're comparing apples and oranges. ;) Certainly I can wait for the additional credits, which is why I'm not upset or complaining that they haven't researched this and corrected it right away. What I'm inquiring about here is whether I should continue to wait or whether I should contact them again because my inquiry might have gotten lost somehow.

I'm happy trying again electronically assuming that something went wrong with my initial contact; I don't think I need "proof" at this point that I sent them the inquiry that would require sending a registered letter. I can't imagine that they're deliberately not acknowledging an inquiry because they don't want to grant the missing credits. :rolleyes:

I was trying to go back through my correspondence and see if I had an auto acknowledgement from NCL and I am pretty sure that I did.

This makes me think that your initial inquiry did not go through.

If nothing else, the NCL rep on board your next cruise can check on this for you.

Here is also the email address that I have used. Maybe try that as well.

LatClerical@ncl.com

Finally, do you have a rep that you book NCL through? Perhaps, they could help.

FYI: NCL did hire additional people to assist with the backlog. Not sure if they are still there or not.

Thanks again for the constructive suggestions. Much appreciated. :D

I think I used the email address you provided above, but I'm not certain. Actually, I can check because if I did, I would have a record in my "Sent" folder. If I didn't, and I just used their web form, then I would not have a record.

I think that what I'll do is:

1. Send another inquiring to the email address you just provided.

2. If I don't receive an acknowledgement within several days, I'll contact the TA I used to book my upcoming cruise and see if he can help.

3. And if it's still not resolved, I'll bring the documentation with me on my upcoming cruise

I did the missing form on the ncl site and I honestly cannot remember ever getting either an acknowledgement or a completed email. I think one day I just happened to notice that my lattitudes level was corrected. It did take much longer than the 2 wk notice that they list. Maybe 6-8 wks? I remember thinking I was going to have to inquire again and it was just there....

I sent a message through the missing cruises link and did not receive an acknowledgement message back. I don't remember how long it took to get a response, but it was long enough that I had almost forgotten about it. They took care of my issue without any other problems.

I've been having a horrible time dealing with NCL in a lot of different matters. I finally received an e-mail response from the Latitudes department and it took 2 months. This caused me to miss a deadline to book a Latitudes Insider cruise. I ended up sending a letter to Kevin Sheehan via priority mail and in a couple of weeks received a response from someone in his office who handled the matter. I'm very surprised at the lack of product knowledge from various people at NCL including supervisors especially in the Latitudes department who don't know that Latitudes Insider cruises can be book via their website.

Bottom line - give them a couple of more weeks and then send a letter to Kevin Sheehan.

Good luck!

I had the same issue. After contacting them twice over a 6 week period, I called and was told that I would have to contact their research department because information regarding our cruise (2001) had been archived.

I contacted that department and recived an automatic response. About a week later I received an email saying that they could not find anything so I needed to send proof.

I do not keep tickets, luggage tags, etc. so I thoight I was out of luck until DD asked if I had bought art on that cruise. I checked my receipts and found one clearly marked with the ship and date so I scanned it and sent it to the yesterday. Today I received the response that they have credited me with the cruise.

The email address is latclerical@ncl.com

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got a response on December 3, roughly two months (nine weeks) since my initial request. :mad: It was a terse response signed by D. Knoxl from the Latitudes Reward Desk, with no phone number to call with questions.

He/she stated that they do not give credit for Orient Lines cruises -- which is not what we were told on the Marco Polo in December 2007. :confused: I guess I have to find some documentation that this is what were were promised, send in another request, wait another 9 weeks, and see what they do.

I finally got a response on December 3, roughly two months (nine weeks) since my initial request. :mad: It was a terse response signed by D. Knoxl from the Latitudes Reward Desk, with no phone number to call with questions.

He/she stated that they do not give credit for Orient Lines cruises -- which is not what we were told on the Marco Polo in December 2007. :confused: I guess I have to find some documentation that this is what were were promised, send in another request, wait another 9 weeks, and see what they do.

Cruises with Star and Orient will no longer count for credit in the Latitudes program.

Cruises with Star and Orient will no longer count for credit in the Latitudes program.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. :confused: My cruise on Orient Lines was in December 2007. Orient Lines ceased operations several months later. At the time, the cruises that would have been credited to Orient Lines' Polo Club were supposed to be transferred to Latitudes.

I realize that current cruises -- since the inception of the new Latitudes program -- on Orient and Star don't count for Latitudes. But there were no Orient Lines cruises after the new Latitudes program was established. :confused:

• 2 years later...

heck, I went on my first cruise with norwegian this past March. I actually booked my entire cruise online, on my account. So you would think my cruise would automatically be listed under my account...Nope. Ive emailed them twice in a 6 week period. Still nothing. I spent a lot of freakin money on that cruise, you would think someone there would want to handle it ASAP so I could book another cruise. Every time I log in, someone from NCL ends up calling and emailing me, asking if I want to book a cruise....I finally got fed up and replied to my "personal cruise consultant" and she gave me an attitude. Yeah lady, like Id book ANYTHING from you now... No wonder NCL has been rated as the worst cruise line. Personally, I dont find them any better than carnival, and slightly worse. If it takes this long to get something so simple as this done, imagine if you have a more serious problem....

Edited by tennboy1981

I am sailing again on BA this summer and when I went to do online check in my DW's Latitudes showed as being new even though she has sailed twice. I went to email Latitudes and they said there is a back log and it could take anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks to correct.

Edited by chrisc71

heck, I went on my first cruise with norwegian this past March. I actually booked my entire cruise online, on my account. So you would think my cruise would automatically be listed under my account...Nope. Ive emailed them twice in a 6 week period. Still nothing. I spent a lot of freakin money on that cruise, you would think someone there would want to handle it ASAP so I could book another cruise. Every time I log in, someone from NCL ends up calling and emailing me, asking if I want to book a cruise....I finally got fed up and replied to my "personal cruise consultant" and she gave me an attitude. Yeah lady, like Id book ANYTHING from you now... No wonder NCL has been rated as the worst cruise line. Personally, I dont find them any better than carnival, and slightly worse. If it takes this long to get something so simple as this done, imagine if you have a more serious problem....

You are aware this thread is almost 3 years old.....right? ;)