Blue Bay, Pirate Bay, Parasasa or Mambo????

snowcat

Trying to pick a beach for Curacao. We've been to Playa Porto Mari and Cas Abo on previous trips and loved both of them, but would like to stick a little closer to port this time and have a less expensive cab fare! We love to snorkel (we will have our own gear) and like a quiet spot in the shade to read between swim/snorkel times. We'll maybe have a snack and a drink or two, but I'm sure we can get by without too much in the way of food after two full days at sea with a multitude of meals and snacks!!

Any recommendations on the above four beaches -- Blue Bay, Pirate Bay, Parasasa or Mambo? Any other suggestions? Approximate cab fare/entrance fees/chair rental for two people at these four places? Thanks!

Trying to pick a beach for Curacao. We've been to Playa Porto Mari and Cas Abo on previous trips and loved both of them, but would like to stick a little closer to port this time and have a less expensive cab fare! We love to snorkel (we will have our own gear) and like a quiet spot in the shade to read between swim/snorkel times. We'll maybe have a snack and a drink or two, but I'm sure we can get by without too much in the way of food after two full days at sea with a multitude of meals and snacks!!

Any recommendations on the above four beaches -- Blue Bay, Pirate Bay, Parasasa or Mambo? Any other suggestions? Approximate cab fare/entrance fees/chair rental for two people at these four places? Thanks!

My vote for Pirate Bay. $4 per person each way. $5 to get in which includes beach chair.

Blue Bay located right next to condos and gets crowded.

Mambo beach is man made and doesn't have good snorkeling spots.

• 4 weeks later...

We went to Blue Bay when we were there about a year ago. It wasn't my first---or 2nd or 3rd or even 4th choice---but with the cost of taxis, that's as much as we wanted to spend. It turned out to be a great spot---even for snorkeling. I have pictures of our cruise and lots and lots of snorkeling here:

http://travelingwithsue.blogspot.com/2015/05/2015-april-17-may-1-southern-caribbean.html

Curacao was near the end of our cruise if you'd care to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We took a cab to Mambo Beach - 5$ per person, each way. 3.50$ to get into the beach. Chairs cost more, as well. 13.50$ as a minimum and I saw so many fish snorkeling next to the rocks - Trigger fish, parrotfish, angelfish, damselsfish, wrasse, bar jacks, trumpet fish, grunts, hogfish, chromis, tangs….