can I purchase one wine bottle at bar?

249A

Yes, you can buy bottles of wine from most any bar, I think they open though but give you the cork. However, if you are on the Cheers program you cannot.

Really? Even though Cheers gives you 25% off bottles of wine? That seems silly.

Yes, you can buy bottles of wine from most any bar, I think they open though but give you the cork. However, if you are on the Cheers program you cannot.

Where did you get the information that you cannot get a bottle of wine from the bar if you are on cheers. The cheers rules say you can get a bottle of wine and you will receive a 25% discount. Why would that not apply at a bar? I do not see that restriction anywhere in the rules, and when I have purchased the cheers program, no one said it does not apply to wine purchases at a bar

thanks for reply... am I assuming that the pricing would be comparable to buying one bottle ahead of time? For example would a $30 bottle of wine ordering ahead from the Funshop be the same price behind the bar?

thanks for reply... am I assuming that the pricing would be comparable to buying one bottle ahead of time? For example would a $30 bottle of wine ordering ahead from the Funshop be the same price behind the bar?

If you scroll down on this page, you will see wine lists with prices by the bottle listed.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/carnival-cruise-drink-prices/

My last cruise in March on the Magic. We were told no bottles of wine nor buckets of beer. Maybe I was mis-informed. If indeed you can that is great for me as I love to take the bottle to my balcony.

I don't know what the thing is about buying bottles IF you purchase the cheers program.

You can absolutely purchase wine by the bottle and take to your room. You can even order it through room service, but then you have to hang around and wait for them to deliver it.

I purchase bottles of wine at the bar every single time I cruise to drink on the balcony, but I do not purchase the cheers package.

Of course you can buy wine by the bottle when you have the Cheers package.

Beverages included in the package are:

• All spirits, including cocktails and frozen drinks, as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $10.00 or lower menu price

• Sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails

In addition, guests who purchase CHEERS! are entitled to:

• 25% discount off the menu price for bottled water

• 25% discount off the menu price for any spirits or wine above $10.00 per drink

25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle

Beverages excluded from the package are:

• Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

• Bottles of liquor

• Beverage purchases made on Half Moon Cay or Little Stirrup Cay in The Bahamas

• Bottled water (offered at a 25% discount)

• Wine and champagne by the bottle (offered at a 25% discount)

• All spirits or wine above $10.00 per drink (offered at a 25% discount – drinks count toward the 15 drink total per 24 hour period)

• Beverages offered at gangway while debarking

• Beverages offered through room service as well as mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage packages

• Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

• Beverages offered through Enomatic wine machines