Some Questions re Diamond Princess

My DH and I are booked on the Diamond Princess 19 day cruise from Sydney in late March 2015. Our travel summary states that boarding commences from 1pm 27th March and that we sail at 8pm on the 28th.

The questions I have are:

1.Do Princess have different boarding times for each deck level or cabin category?

2. As we don't sail until the following evening I assume that once we have checked in and boarded we are then allowed to leave the ship as often as we want to until an hour or so before sailing?

Thanks,

Leigh

Boarding is usually staggered and you will be given a boarding time closer to your sailing date. Many passengers ignore this and you may find the boarding area crowded early after 1pm. Platinum and Elite passengers don't have to wait and can board whenever they arrive after 1pm. Once you check in and get your boarding pass you can be scanned off and on the ship as you desire. Hope this helps. But be aware things can change from one season to the next and this info is given in good faith.

2. As we don't sail until the following evening I assume that once we have checked in and boarded we are then allowed to leave the ship as often as we want to until an hour or so before sailing

As far as I understand, once you check in and have boarded, you wont be able to get back off the ship.

This might be different as you are in port overnight, but I would check with Princess.

As far as I understand, once you check in and have boarded, you wont be able to get back off the ship.

This might be different as you are in port overnight, but I would check with Princess.

the Diamond being a US ship they allow that in Sydney but not to the local princess ships

Thank you all for your replies. I guess we just wait until closer to our sail date, although checking with Princess is a good idea. We are trying to work out what time to book our flight from Melbourne.

We have overnighted on the Diamond in Sydney previously and yes, once you are onboard you are able to go ashore until one hour before sailaway.

We always drop our luggage off early and then wander around The Rocks area, nice coffee shops and bars for a drink in The Rocks. Or we catch the 555 free bus into the city from Circular Quay and do that last minute shopping.

Hi Leigh (and Rob)

We always go on and off to explore Circular Quay, and Sydney.

But that's always been RCI.

When we were on our first & second Princess cruise recently (last month), we asked about it, and they said no problem, although we didn't end up getting off, except between the 2 B2B cruises.:)

Cheers Seija & Adrian

• 4 months later...

Just bumping this thread... We are going on the Diamond in January for the domestic Tasmania cruise. Can someone confirm if we are allowed to get off once we've embarked with our cruise card?

We want to go for a walk around Circular Quay because the ship sets sail. Thanks!

Just bumping this thread... We are going on the Diamond in January for the domestic Tasmania cruise. Can someone confirm if we are allowed to get off once we've embarked with our cruise card?

We want to go for a walk around Circular Quay because the ship sets sail. Thanks!

In Febuary this year when the Diamond was sailing the day of boarding we were allowed to get off after check in. I remember going over to the Rocks to pick up some last minute magazines.

Karryl