Eastern Caribbean Excursions with a 14 mo old

akswartz85

Hello - we're on an eastern caribbean cruise in May with our 14 mo old. Heading to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, San Juan and St Thomas. Any recommendations for excursions? I'm worried that 4 beach days will get boring... he's a pretty easy going kid and we prefer to DIY.

Hello - we're on an eastern caribbean cruise in May with our 14 mo old. Heading to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, San Juan and St Thomas. Any recommendations for excursions? I'm worried that 4 beach days will get boring... he's a pretty easy going kid and we prefer to DIY.

On a couple of those days , why not have a ship day with him .

We are taking our 14 month old in two weeks to San Juan and st Thomas. We are leaving in and out of San Juan. We are taking the Rccl fort then to the airport excursion. I never do ship excursions but this seemed to be the cheapest way to go see the sites with our luggage. As for st. Thomas we are heading to Megan's bay because I love that beach and its kid friendly. After we are taking a taxi up to paradise point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

An guidebook will show you ALL there is to do in each place! I would agree that beach days everywhere would get old fast! You know that HMC is a beach day...that's about all there is to do there.

At 14 months, you're really not going to find that any "tours" will be interesting to a child that young...but I bet a guidebook would give you some "child friendly" options!

San Juan is really a great place to go with kids. There are places for the 14 month old to run around and play by the fort. There was even a little geyser fountain/ park near there that my son enjoyed running through. It is an historic town and it's one of my favorites. Just bring the umbrella stroller and walk around.

In St. Thomas, I think your little one would enjoy the ferry ride to St. John where they have really nice beaches that don't feel as commercialized. You can do it on your own. The trip over and back doesn't take long. 4 hours will suffice for the whole excursion.

Beaches may be the only place where you will get to swim with the little one- so I think it is worth scoping out beaches. Unless your kids hate sand like mine but we managed to have fun at the beaches anyway.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain