Anyone been on Anthem of the Seas?

cruiseelady

I am trying to plan a cruise for next year and have a question about RCI Anthem of the Seas. I see this ship has studios for solo travelers, but do they also have a space for solos to get together just like on NCL Breakaway/Gateway/Epic?

That's kind of important to me, I don't only want to have a good rate but also have an ease of meeting other solos.

So if anyone been on Anthem, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks!

It's been sailing since late April. Maybe you are thinking about Ovation OTS

To address the OP

Royal doesn't have a lounge or any program to coordinate dining or shows for those in the solo cabins.

Thanks!

Anthem of the seas is being built as we speak and will sail this fall. it's sister ship the quantum is sailing now in the far east.

She is sailing out of Cape liberty this fall

She is still in Europe

Here are several reviews

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=706

Edited by Caribbean King1

She is sailing out of Cape liberty this fall

She is still in Europe

Here are several reviews

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=706

Thanks, yes I know that its sailing out of NJ, that is why I was interested in it. I live in NY so I wanted to do a cruise from either NY or NJ, but since they don't have a studio lounge I will stick to NCL Breakaway.

Thanks, yes I know that its sailing out of NJ, that is why I was interested in it. I live in NY so I wanted to do a cruise from either NY or NJ, but since they don't have a studio lounge I will stick to NCL Breakaway.

Correct, I was just writing that to kcool

I am trying to plan a cruise for next year and have a question about RCI Anthem of the Seas. I see this ship has studios for solo travelers, but do they also have a space for solos to get together just like on NCL Breakaway/Gateway/Epic?

That's kind of important to me, I don't only want to have a good rate but also have an ease of meeting other solos.

So if anyone been on Anthem, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks!

I was on Quantum of the Seas in Feb 2015 (as a solo). On several sea days, there was a "solo/singles lunch" at 12 noon listed in the daily program. (I went on two days.) Not sure if there was any other "official" type of get-together. else. When I ate breakfast and lunch in the dining room, I always asked to share a table, and met some interesting folks (and a few not-so-interesting) that way.

I was on Quantum of the Seas in Feb 2015 (as a solo). On several sea days, there was a "solo/singles lunch" at 12 noon listed in the daily program. (I went on two days.) Not sure if there was any other "official" type of get-together. else. When I ate breakfast and lunch in the dining room, I always asked to share a table, and met some interesting folks (and a few not-so-interesting) that way.

Ok, well I pretty much decided I am going with NCL that has a studio lounge.

Ok, well I pretty much decided I am going with NCL that has a studio lounge.

I think that is a good decision- I am likely going back on it for a 3rd year in a row. What I found was it was easy meeting other solos and then in turn non-solos as a result.

Although the Anthem looks great and I would love to do a 9 day, I think NCL for me is better