anyone stayed at Courtyard FLL&Cruise Port?

NoWhiners

Hi all

We have a reservation at this hotel for 1 night pre-cruise. I read that they have an airport shuttle but you have to call for it to come--is that true? I also read that they will take you any place within 3 miles of the hotel and pick you up again. Can anyone confirm? I looked on a map and it looks like Oakwood Plaza is about 2 miles away--will they take us there? And can we buy wine in that area? We'd love to eat at the Ale House there, grab some wine and go back to hotel.

Or, are there other places closer we could get some wine? We won't be checking in until about 8 pm on a Saturday night.

Thanks

ML

I don't believe there are any stores that sell wine near the hotel. If you can get to Oakwood Plaza, you can buy wine at Kmart or at BJs if you are a member. I think they have free day passes too but you have to pay an upcharge on your purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed there two years ago. Nice hotel. We enjoyed some great Cuban food at a family owned place on the other side of the main road and on the other side of the interstate overpass.

We used the hotel provided shuttle to the airport. Sign up for it at the front desk as soon as you arrive. It works. It is chaotic. Our luggage got put into the trailer of a shuttle we we not riding in but it worked out. The shuttle people are pleasant and professional.

I later discovered that the flat rate for a taxi to the port was $18 and if I were to again I would get a taxi just to avoid the chaos of shuttling with hundreds of people.

Hi all

We have a reservation at this hotel for 1 night pre-cruise. I read that they have an airport shuttle but you have to call for it to come--is that true? I also read that they will take you any place within 3 miles of the hotel and pick you up again. Can anyone confirm? I looked on a map and it looks like Oakwood Plaza is about 2 miles away--will they take us there? And can we buy wine in that area? We'd love to eat at the Ale House there, grab some wine and go back to hotel.

Or, are there other places closer we could get some wine? We won't be checking in until about 8 pm on a Saturday night.

Thanks

ML

Not a fan of the Hotel. Suggest to cancel and book Pillars, who have a shuttle.

You can order on line and collect from Total Wine, who I think are open until 22.00 on. Saturday, but only open for 12.00 on a Sunday