NCL Getaway - Boarding - Dec 16

adbrat

I'm new to NCL and leaving 12/18. I was wondering about the boarding that day. We arrive in Miami at 7am (still not sure how long to port). Can we go directly to the port, arrive there about 9? Can we leave our luggage and go get breakfast? I've only left out of foreign ports before & all my past arrivals were down to the wire.

1st question are you getting a NCL shuttle bus to the pier check what time they are leaving

If not I would get breakfast after you get your luggage at the airport,then take a cab or van to the pier the check in time is normal after 10:30 waiting till about 11 to board,

they will make announcement when your cabin is ready around 1-2 pm

enjoy your cruise safe travels

also you need to go to the right terminal at the port B terminal for odd # cabins and C terminal for Even # cabins

Edited by medic254

I'm new to NCL and leaving 12/18. I was wondering about the boarding that day. We arrive in Miami at 7am (still not sure how long to port). Can we go directly to the port, arrive there about 9? Can we leave our luggage and go get breakfast? I've only left out of foreign ports before & all my past arrivals were down to the wire.

It's about a 20 minute cab ride from the airport to the port. it is a flat rate of $27 per taxi (there use to be a cash discount,,, look at the rates shown in the window of the cabs).

Once you are at the port, there is no food or anything to see within walking distance. Best to grab some food at the airport BEFORE leaving the secured area.

Security will open around 9:30ish. Boarding starts at 11:30 by group number (first come first serve). Once on board, the buffet will be open at 11:30. The main dining room at noon.

Have a great cruise!

You can get a taxi and drop off your luggage and then ask your Taxi driver to take you to Bayside Marketplace which is right next to the port. It's not even a mile from the port. There are a few nice places for breakfast. It's also a very nice outdoor shopping area on the water to walk around before your cruise. You will have plenty of time to spend there before needing to get on the ship. If you use Uber from the marketplace it would be under $5.

It's about a 20 minute cab ride from the airport to the port. it is a flat rate of $27 per taxi (there use to be a cash discount,,, look at the rates shown in the window of the cabs).

Once you are at the port, there is no food or anything to see within walking distance. Best to grab some food at the airport BEFORE leaving the secured area.

Security will open around 9:30ish. Boarding starts at 11:30 by group number (first come first serve). Once on board, the buffet will be open at 11:30. The main dining room at noon.

Have a great cruise!

Roughly what time does the waiting times go down. For an example, does checking in at 12:00pm cut down on the waiting period that those who check in at say 9:30-10:00am see?

Roughly what time does the waiting times go down. For an example, does checking in at 12:00pm cut down on the waiting period that those who check in at say 9:30-10:00am see?

If you show up by 10:30, there is limited waiting. Short lines at security. Short lines a check-in. After 10:30, 4000+ passengers will be showing up to check in and board the ship. Wait times will be long well into the afternoon. At noon, you'll be in line for a while. Once you get through check-in, you can immediately queue to go onboard.

(Note: The Getaway uses two terminals, B and C,,,, splitting the check-in into two long lines).

If you show up by 10:30, there is limited waiting. Short lines at security. Short lines a check-in. After 10:30, 4000+ passengers will be showing up to check in and board the ship. Wait times will be long well into the afternoon. At noon, you'll be in line for a while. Once you get through check-in, you can immediately queue to go onboard.

(Note: The Getaway uses two terminals, B and C,,,, splitting the check-in into two long lines).

Yes B terminal is for odd # cabins and C is for even # cabins check into the right terminal

Edited by medic254

Yes B terminal is for odd # cabins and C is for even # cabins check into the right terminal

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all balcony cabins have even numbers, and all inside cabins have odd numbers? That doesn't seem like an even split, but I may be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you!

Thank you all for the info, this has been so helpful. We have 3 cabins & I was concerned we would be broken up, but since we are all on Deck 11, we should be good! We'll probably grab a bite to eat at the airport & grab a cab, since there are 6 of us. Have a great trip and maybe I'll run into some of you! thanks again.