Non AI Liquior/Wine

Tschmidt3115

Headed in Jan 2017

Is there a wine list and liquor list that is included in the AI package?

If not what brands are not included?

Can you buy duty free in LAX and bring with you on Board if there is a nice bottle of wine or champagne you are wanting to enjoy on board.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers!

The wine list fluctuates so I gave never seen a list. The wines are on the cheaper side but one is able to find something drinkable usually.

If you say what you usually drink someone on the board will be able to tell you if it is included. I am pretty sure black label and chives scotch are and there is a single malt Aldo included. They don't always have a cognac and if they do it's a VS not VSOP.

I have seen Baileys included and some other liquors. No champagne, only sparkling wine.

You can bring on board as much liquor as you want.

Thank You Emdee. I am a first time poster on here.

To continue with the trends of first...this is my first time on PG as well as my first cruise.

I prefer Napa Cabernet Sauvignon. Not planning to drink alot but would be nice to have in the evenings and at dinner or after.

Liquor wise I drink Makers Mark, Woodford Reserve, Bombay Sapphire/ Hendrix, Grey Goose or Kettle One.

Thank You Emdee. I am a first time poster on here.

To continue with the trends of first...this is my first time on PG as well as my first cruise.

I prefer Napa Cabernet Sauvignon. Not planning to drink alot but would be nice to have in the evenings and at dinner or after.

Liquor wise I drink Makers Mark, Woodford Reserve, Bombay Sapphire/ Hendrix, Grey Goose or Kettle One.

You will find all of your preferred liquors all included. If you like small vine appellation Cabernet from Napa, I believe that Far Niente was there. You will pay for the upgrade, but I find PG pretty reasonable considering the price for the upgrade is the price. No tip, no tax.

All the years on this board and now two people wanting to bring their own booze. I have never seen this. The ship has plenty of choices. I drink single malts and have a nice collection. I will gladly drink the Glenfiddich and Glenlivet on board. To me booze just isn't that important. They have plenty of wine from Napa available for an upcharge. I didn't think the prices were reasonable at all. Just my opinion. They usually have a decent Malbec in board that I like also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All the years on this board and now two people wanting to bring their own booze. I have never seen this. The ship has plenty of choices. I drink single malts and have a nice collection. I will gladly drink the Glenfiddich and Glenlivet on board. To me booze just isn't that important. They have plenty of wine from Napa available for an upcharge. I didn't think the prices were reasonable at all. Just my opinion. They usually have a decent Malbec in board that I like also.

People are more particular with wines these days.

Like you we have the best of everything at home. However quite happy with what we get on the ships. I do find that Crystal wine selection is better.

Edited by Emdee

People are more particular with wines these days.

Like you we have the best of everything at home. However quite happy with what we get on the ships. I do find that Crystal wine selection is better.

After the third glass it all tastes the same to me!!! Well not really... Happy Birthday Emdee!

For spirits you won't have a problem asking for your brand. For wine, I agree the wine served is good but not great. The wine at dinner is paired with the meal. If you like one at dinner it is usually available at lunch the following day.

We were with a couple who liked a particular wine served one evening and insisted on having regularly afterwards and they got it!!!

You wont be given two buck chuck wine!!! The ship serves lots of wine from Chile, New Zealand, Argentina and some California wine.

I have only seen people a couple of times ask and purchase from the upgrade wine list and only once from the bar for a particular Scotch.

Don't stress, you will enjoy the wine and other available liquor.

Don't disparage two buck Chuck.

The white zin is quite good and just like Berlinger's which the PG has (they used to) and is exactly the same as some 5X the price.

There are many bottles with the same exact wine inside as two buck Chuck.

It'S ridiculous when you think about it.

Don't disparage two buck Chuck.

The white zin is quite good and just like Berlinger's which the PG has (they used to) and is exactly the same as some 5X the price.

There are many bottles with the same exact wine inside as two buck Chuck.

It'S ridiculous when you think about it.

We call the Berlinger white zin pink poison....

Yet cruiseships serve it and people buy it.

I love the Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio. Unfortunately PG doesn't serve it but Crystal and Regent do!

I am not a big drinker do if I don't like the wine I just don't drink. As long as my water glass is filled.

PG has a Cakebread Cellars Savignon blanc that is quite good. If I remember correctly it was $60. It's $25 at a local store......

That's why people carry their own...the price differential. We always carry two good bottles on rccl although we get open bar in the evenings on rccl and Celebrity.

In the past, at least when Regent managed the ship, you could bring whatever wine you liked onboard and bring it to the dining room with no corkage charge. Is that still true? This makes a big difference if you want to bring a special bottle or two along.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
No champagne, only sparkling wine.

Not only that, but their sparkling wine was really awful. They could have sourced a decent crémant (from Alsace, Bourgogne, etc.) that costs only 6-8e per bottle retail in France, but they had this undrinkable one on board - this was about a year ago.

Anybody with more updated info on the sparkling wine served now?

Not only that, but their sparkling wine was really awful. They could have sourced a decent crémant (from Alsace, Bourgogne, etc.) that costs only 6-8e per bottle retail in France, but they had this undrinkable one on board - this was about a year ago.

Don't know but I will be on board in Jan and will post if you like.

Agree that the sparkling wine was undrinkable, even in a mimosa. Shocking that a company with French roots didn't offer anything better--even if it were from New Zealand.

Overall we found that the wines that were "free" just weren't very good. For people who typically pick something up at the grocery store they might be quite happy. Anyone expecting anything better quality than what Maccaroni Grill pours as a house wine will be disappointed.