Favorite costa maya all inclusive beach resort ??

Cruising to Retirement

Others will have different opinions (that makes us critics: ) but we love Maya Chan. We have actually been there 7 times. From the time they pick you up in a taxi van until you returrn, it is a lovely time.

They have a limit per day so it is not crowded. When you arrive, you are served any drink you would like and snack on excellent dips. There are different sized rather private sitting areas, some with total shade.

The beach does have grass float up depending on the winds but they are raking it all day. The water temp should be fine and they have wonderful chairs you float around on. Last time we were there, a staff member took drink orders while you are in the water and then comes back to serve you.

The owners and all staff are friendly, attentive to details and provide excellent service.

Lunch is authentic and has a variety of local fare. They have a website and a webcam so you can see more for yourself. They ask in advance what time you would like a taxi to return to the ship.

I always say we will do something else for a change, but once we book a Western Carib cruise with Costa Maya on the itinerary, we are back to Maya Chan again.

Enjoy the port whatever you choose.

How accessible is it? I'm on a scooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As part of your daily fee, they provide taxi transportation to and from the resort. The unpaved road outside of town leading to the resort is a challege as you have to weave in and out away from potholes. You might send an email to the resort asking about scooter access. The road conditions slow access to and from the resort.

• 4 weeks later...
Others will have different opinions (that makes us critics: ) but we love Maya Chan. We have actually been there 7 times. From the time they pick you up in a taxi van until you returrn, it is a lovely time.

They have a limit per day so it is not crowded. When you arrive, you are served any drink you would like and snack on excellent dips. There are different sized rather private sitting areas, some with total shade.

The beach does have grass float up depending on the winds but they are raking it all day. The water temp should be fine and they have wonderful chairs you float around on. Last time we were there, a staff member took drink orders while you are in the water and then comes back to serve you.

The owners and all staff are friendly, attentive to details and provide excellent service.

Lunch is authentic and has a variety of local fare. They have a website and a webcam so you can see more for yourself. They ask in advance what time you would like a taxi to return to the ship.

I always say we will do something else for a change, but once we book a Western Carib cruise with Costa Maya on the itinerary, we are back to Maya Chan again.

Enjoy the port whatever you choose.

Agree 100 % ! We spent the day there a few weeks ago, loved it ! The staff is very attentive but not pushy or bothersome in any way. Been telling everyone I work with what a good time we had, can't say enough good things about Maya Chan Beach !