How early can you book hotel - Vancouver?

EMED2010

Hi! I was trying to check prices for Pan Pacific in Vancouver for August 2015. It tells me there are no rooms available. I find it hard to believe that the entire hotel is booked on a Thursday night. Am I just trying too early? Has anyone else had problems booking early?

someone reported a similar problem for a seattle hotel. They called the hotel directly and learned that the hotel is indeed booked.

The only way for you to know if it's booked or not available yet, is to call. Good luck!

Thanks! I was able to get room prices for Blue Horizon so at least that is an option. It is more reasonable even with having to pay for a taxi to port.

It has been my experience when trying to book on-line far in advance that most sites seem to have about an 11 month window for future bookings - If you are going to be in Vancouver the weekend of Aug 1-3 that is a holiday weekend here in BC - it is also the final weekend of the Fireworks competition and the Pride parade as well as the usual cruise ship that are in town on any given weekend.

Here's there toll free number - 1 - 877 324-4856 - give them a call.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

We had a room at the Blue Horizon - it was a Q/Q Superior - and it was far superior to the room our friends had, which was just a regular room. Ours was huge! Easily 4-5 times the size of our ship cabin. There was a Starbucks right there, as well as a Red Robin a block or two away. The Hop on/Hop off trolley stop is right at the door of the hotel.

I think that most hotels don't accept reservations or post rates until 9 to 11 months out. A good strategy is to book a room at a rate and hotel you are comfortable with on a fully refundable basis then between 45 to 90 days out start shopping on some of the discount sites like Hotwire and Priceline. As long as you look carefully and the maps and stay at 3.5*+ you are going to end up with some pretty decent hotels in the compact downtown core of Vancouver and likely not more than about a $10 cab ride to Canada Place.

Thanks! I was able to get room prices for Blue Horizon so at least that is an option. It is more reasonable even with having to pay for a taxi to port.

We were very happy with the Blue Horizon.

Every room is a corner room with windows on 2 sides!

We loved it and would stay there again.

We were very happy with the Blue Horizon.

Every room is a corner room with windows on 2 sides!

We loved it and would stay there again.

I will just chime is to say that the Blue Horizon is a very good property and extremely popular with cruisers. It's location is about as good as it comes in the trendy Robson St. shopping neighbourhood with lots of restaurants in close proximity. The HOHOs stop in front of the hotel or within a block or so and transit is close by. From the hotel you can walk to many of the downtown areas attractions including Pacific Centre, Hudson's Bay, the art gallery, Canada Place, Gastown and even Stanley Park.

• 2 months later...

Putterdude,

Thanks for confirming that I am not crazy based on what I have planned. Right now our EZ air flight gets us to YVR after 8 pm so I have fully refundable reservation at the airport Radisson, so we can take rail to port in the AM. If however I can change to an earlier arrival to allow for evening tours, I also have a cancellable (is that a word?) reservation for a downtown hotel, which is $80 more than the Radisson. I was planning to try my luck with Priceline etc once the air was finalized.

I forgot I would report back after staying at the Blue Horizon post cruise in September. Great hotel and the staff was very helpful with anything we needed. Great location to walk to shop and we walked to Stanley Park from there, although it was NOT a short walk, it was enjoyable. We took the free shuttle to Capilano Suspension Bridge park and loved that. If you have time it's a must visit. We had a room on the 28th floor with city views. Rooms are large with huge corner windows for great views. The only thing I didn't like was that there were no chairs to sit on the balcony (small) and enjoy the weather and views. Other than that we would absolutely stay there again. Prices are very reasonable also.

• 2 weeks later...
I forgot I would report back after staying at the Blue Horizon post cruise in September. Great hotel and the staff was very helpful with anything we needed. Great location to walk to shop and we walked to Stanley Park from there, although it was NOT a short walk, it was enjoyable. We took the free shuttle to Capilano Suspension Bridge park and loved that. If you have time it's a must visit. We had a room on the 28th floor with city views. Rooms are large with huge corner windows for great views. The only thing I didn't like was that there were no chairs to sit on the balcony (small) and enjoy the weather and views. Other than that we would absolutely stay there again. Prices are very reasonable also.

Thanks for the feedback! We have booked the Blue Horizon for 3 nights in May, and am thrilled to hear it's a good choice!

• 4 months later...

Where do you catch the free shuttle to Capilano Suspension Bridge park?