SFO Pier 35 bag drop off - check in later?

kahtrav

Okay - question about embarking in SFO. We will be there for a couple of days with a car (outside the city) and trying to figure out the logistics. I'd like to drop off big cases at the terminal (pier 35. MS Queen Elizabeth) then take the car to the airport and ride BART back into the city. Has anyone tried this in SFO. Can we drop our cases with the porters and then leave and come back to check-in?

First of all, you know Pier 35 isn't the primary cruise ship terminal anymore, correct? It is only used with more than 2 ships in port. Pier 27 is the Terminal now.

Generally, the porters won't start taking bags until probably 10. Otherwise your plan, while time consuming, should work fine.

QE is in port for two days, so we've been told we will not be at the new terminal :(. I think a big Princess ship is at 27 that day. We'll have to decide if it's worth taking the rolling duffles on the streetcar ( BART is fine - we've done that before).

First of all, you know Pier 35 isn't the primary cruise ship terminal anymore, correct?

First of all, QE is scheduled for Pier 35 on Feb 7 - Feb 8, 2015.

We'll have to decide if it's worth taking the rolling duffles on the streetcar ( BART is fine - we've done that before).

This will be a pain in the ass. I assume you're talking about the F line on The Embarcadero.

The aisles are narrow. The entry is narrow. The cars are packed.

To avoid the annoyance alone... a cab is probably worth it.

Edited by triptolemus

Okay - question about embarking in SFO. We will be there for a couple of days with a car (outside the city) and trying to figure out the logistics. I'd like to drop off big cases at the terminal (pier 35. MS Queen Elizabeth) then take the car to the airport and ride BART back into the city. Has anyone tried this in SFO. Can we drop our cases with the porters and then leave and come back to check-in?

I cannot speak from experience, but have you thought about returning the car the night before your cruise and then going back to the hotel. Of course I do not know what time the Car Rental place closes.

Is there another place to return your car without going back to the airport?

Just some thoughts on my part.:D

I cannot speak from experience, but have you thought about returning the car the night before your cruise and then going back to the hotel. Of course I do not know what time the Car Rental place closes.

Is there another place to return your car without going back to the airport?

Just some thoughts on my part.:D

Northender -

thank you. I'd looked at options for returning downtown months ago and it made a pretty big difference in price but today I found a rental - pick up SFO, drop off near Fisherman's Wharf - a whole 1/2 mile from Pier 35 ! :) for $3 more than the other one - It's booked !! - now if the harbor master changes his mind and puts us at Pier 27, we'll have a bit longer walk, but still easier than going back to the airport - thank you so, so much for reminding me of that option :) :)