Harwich Disembarkation Timing

Thank you for the information. I wasn't sure about how long it would take to clear immigration in England, never having cruised there before. 7:30 sounds reasonable for a 4:00 am arrival. We might tell them 8:30 just to avoid "waiting" charges.

We are using ICS Kent for car service for our trip back to London. Do you mind if I ask which service you are booked with?

Cathy

We are trying to arrange transportation to London AFTER our cruise. Our itinerary says arrival in Harwich is 4:00 a.m. Does anyone know what time we would probably begin disembarkation?

Thanks,

Cathy

There is never any problem getting off 7 a.m with bags, most other times 7.30 a.m.to pick luggage at the dock side.

used this port several times,we caught the 8 .10a.m ,( Sept 07,) train to London no problem.

Ship will be empty by 8.30

• 2 weeks later...
We were planning on taking the train, but someone posted on our roll call, there is no Hartwich train on Saturdays.
I don't think this is right. There are no direct Harwich trains on Sundays, but there are still trains - you just have to change once. On Saturdays, there is a regular direct service to Harwich.

Unless there is a specific day on which you already know that there is going to be some scheduled disruption.

We are using First Choice Minibus (FCMB) - we have a driver picking us up at 7:30 am. Would love to know if we can plan on anything earlier as I know LHR takes quite some time getting through security.

Has anyone used FCMB or heard of them?

Thanks!

Can I get the websites for both of these transport people? We were planning on taking the train, but someone posted on our roll call, there is no Hartwich train on Saturdays. Please email it to personalizedyourway@gmail.com . I'm hoping to get another couple to share with us.Thanks so much.

Has already quoted there are stopping trains from Harwich International to London,

Any travellor outside the U.K can buy a ticket and collect from the fast ticket machines on all main stations.

web site is nationalexpresseastanglia.com

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying. So, they are stopping the trains on Saturday (or are you saying they are stopping them all)? Or are you saying we can get a train but have to buy our ticket in advance, and print it from a machine somewhere?

Has already quoted there are stopping trains from Harwich International to London,

Any travellor outside the U.K can buy a ticket and collect from the fast ticket machines on all main stations.

web site is nationalexpresseastanglia.com

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying. So, they are stopping the trains on Saturday (or are you saying they are stopping them all)? Or are you saying we can get a train but have to buy our ticket in advance, and print it from a machine somewhere?

The trains are running as per timetable, check PORT INFORMATION as there is normally a boat train that runs direct from London to and from Harwich International when there is a cruise ship in.

Tickets ,you now can by them in advance ,to collect at the fast ticket machine on any main line station,or buy at the station.

Check the web for times and prices,

BG

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying. So, they are stopping the trains on Saturday (or are you saying they are stopping them all)?
I think that when Missus Makkem said "there are stopping trains from Harwich International to London", what was meant was that there are trains from Harwich to London that stop at intermediate stations en route. The only non-stop train is the special train that meets cruise ships on certain days. But the normal trains (once an hour, I think) usually operate on all days except Sundays. And the fact that they call at intermediate stations only adds 10-15 minutes to the journey time. IMHO, there is no need to get hung up about getting on the special cruise ship train.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I have posted on my roll call, to see if anyone wants to share from Harwich to Heathrow on May 3rd, but so far no takers. Looks like we'll end up with the ship transfers, since for two of us, it's less than getting a private car. The train goes to Liverpool station and then we would still have to get to Heathrow.

We are using Aldephia Executive Hire - Darren Parsons. Best rate I was able to find... If you do a search on this board, you will find several postings for him.

Could you please share his contact info?

Thanks

We have "air" through Celebrity, which includes transfers, Heathrow-Harwich-Heathrow. If we had arranged our own air, X would sell us the transfers for something in the area of $150 coming and again, going. X would sell us an excursion for about $180, leaving Harwich, going somewhere interesting and ending at Heathrow.

Could anyone here tell me whether X might offer some kind of "deal" where the nominal cost of "tranfers" could be credited to defray the cost of the excursion?

Kman

The price through Celebrity for transfers are $85 each way, London/Harwich, according to the Celeb person I talked to. The transfer with the tour was $120 one way. I wonder if once on board, you can exchange your transfers for teh tours and pay the difference.

We have "air" through Celebrity, which includes transfers, Heathrow-Harwich-Heathrow. If we had arranged our own air, X would sell us the transfers for something in the area of $150 coming and again, going. X would sell us an excursion for about $180, leaving Harwich, going somewhere interesting and ending at Heathrow.

Could anyone here tell me whether X might offer some kind of "deal" where the nominal cost of "tranfers" could be credited to defray the cost of the excursion?

Kman

Thank you. I have posted on my roll call, to see if anyone wants to share from Harwich to Heathrow on May 3rd, but so far no takers. Looks like we'll end up with the ship transfers, since for two of us, it's less than getting a private car. The train goes to Liverpool station and then we would still have to get to Heathrow.

Whatever you do do not take a train to Liverpool station , you will end up hundreds of miles away!!

You need Liverpool Street station which is in north London.

Archived