Beach Bonfire

denas

We are travelling on RCCL Liberty of the Seas in July and will be docked overnight on a Monday night at the Dockyards. They have a beach bonfire excursion. I normally don't book excursions through the cruiseline, but would really like something that doesn't involve a boat ride that evening. Has anyone done this? Is it just a bonfire at snorkel park? Can you just go to snorkel park and buy admission or do you have to book through the cruiseline?

Thanks

I wouldn't pay for a boat excursion when the snorkel park is so very close to where the ships dock! What exactly does the excursion include?

Transportation?? that's ridiculous, its an easy walk, admission? I think its either free, or $5.00 admission. I am going to Bermuda , first time in May, I have been on the board, and Trip Advisor, gathering all my information, I feel like I should have been a travel agent!!

I wouldn't pay for a boat excursion when the snorkel park is so very close to where the ships dock! What exactly does the excursion include?

Transportation?? that's ridiculous, its an easy walk, admission? I think its either free, or $5.00 admission. I am going to Bermuda , first time in May, I have been on the board, and Trip Advisor, gathering all my information, I feel like I should have been a travel agent!!

That was my point! I was trying to figure out if this was just a regular bonfire that you could attend at the snorkel park or something different. It is really unclear. Also not clear if there is a bonfire at snorkel park.

We are travelling on RCCL Liberty of the Seas in July and will be docked overnight on a Monday night at the Dockyards. They have a beach bonfire excursion. I normally don't book excursions through the cruiseline, but would really like something that doesn't involve a boat ride that evening. Has anyone done this? Is it just a bonfire at snorkel park? Can you just go to snorkel park and buy admission or do you have to book through the cruiseline?

Thanks

Ok, I finally found the link to the snorkel park Beach Bonfire

http://www.thewestend.bm/

Click on summer activities, you will find the schedule of events for the Dockyard & Snorkel Beach.

BTW its free admission!

Edited by princess tu tu

Ok, I finally found the link to the snorkel park Beach Bonfire

http://www.thewestend.bm/

Click on summer activities, you will find the schedule of events for the Dockyard & Snorkel Beach.

BTW its free admission!

You are my hero!! I have looked all over their sillly website and couldn't seem to find this!! That answers my question. The "tour" through RCCL includes some guide telling you history while you walk over and "complimentary" rum swizzlers. But I would rather just chose my own drinks and pay as I go. We have my inlaws with us and my youngest son has some disabilities, so I much prefer to do things on my own based on how everyone is feeling at the moment and so glad we can just walk over there if we are in the mood. I am amazed people would pay for this, but my inlaws are Diamond cruisers, and have NEVER bought an excursion except through the cruiseline. They are still thinking I am insane that we aren't going to pay the cruiseline $40 EACH to shuttle us to Horseshoe Bay!

Thank you so much for you question. I too was wondering the same and couldn't find the answer. I wonder if the cost was to pay for the so'mores? Please give us a report of your activities upon your return. I love to hear you input of the bonfire and the shuttle to Horse Shoe Bay. We will be there in September.

Is the Horseshoe Bay Shuttle that you mentioned a public shuttle or is it a excursion from your cruise line. We will be in Bermuda on NCL the first week in May and this is our first trip there. Trying to make plans for our days in port. Thank you so much for the help.

As I understand it the shuttle can be picked up at the pier. It is not a cruise coordinated transportation. I believe it costs 16 dollars RT. Now, I thought it dropped you off at the top of the hill you then either walked down or paid 2 dollars one way down and another 2 up with another shuttle but Princess Tu TU reported that they dropped you off directly at the beach. I believe denas said to do the same with the ship is $40.00 pp. Then there is the longer but cheaper method at $5.00 in coinage on the #7 bus, one way and you either walk down or pay shuttle as indicated above. Does anyone know if I have this right?

Is the Horseshoe Bay Shuttle that you mentioned a public shuttle or is it a excursion from your cruise line. We will be in Bermuda on NCL the first week in May and this is our first trip there. Trying to make plans for our days in port. Thank you so much for the help.

As I understand it the shuttle can be picked up at the pier. It is not a cruise coordinated transportation. I believe it costs 16 dollars RT. Now, I thought it dropped you off at the top of the hill you then either walked down or paid 2 dollars one way down and another 2 up with another shuttle but Princess Tu TU reported that they dropped you off directly at the beach. I believe denas said to do the same with the ship is $40.00 pp. Then there is the longer but cheaper method at $5.00 in coinage on the #7 bus, one way and you either walk down or pay shuttle as indicated above. Does anyone know if I have this right?

The $16 per person round trip shuttle is not a cruise line excursion. It's privately operated and you purchase the tickets at a booth near the cruise ship piers. It should take you directly to and from the Horseshoe Bay parking lot at the base of the hill, so no further shuttle or long walk is required.

The public bus ( route #7) is $5 per person in each direction (coin only) or you can use tokens that cost $4.50 each that you can buy at the pier, or transportation passes available at the pier, or books of tickets (likely not available at the pier). The bus drops you on South Road at the top of the hill, so you either have to walk down (and back up) the hill or take the shuttle van, which in recent years has been $2 per person in each direction.

Does anyone know the schedule for this shuttle? I want to take it on my last day, which is a short one! I think my ship leaves at 5PM.

Beach shuttle ticket office: 8 am -2 pm

To the beach: 8:30am -3:00pm (not sure how often)

To the ship: Last shuttle @ 6:00pm ( again , not sure how often it runs)

Every hour ? every 1/2 hour?

You are my hero!! I have looked all over their sillly website and couldn't seem to find this!! That answers my question. The "tour" through RCCL includes some guide telling you history while you walk over and "complimentary" rum swizzlers. But I would rather just chose my own drinks and pay as I go. We have my inlaws with us and my youngest son has some disabilities, so I much prefer to do things on my own based on how everyone is feeling at the moment and so glad we can just walk over there if we are in the mood. I am amazed people would pay for this, but my inlaws are Diamond cruisers, and have NEVER bought an excursion except through the cruiseline. They are still thinking I am insane that we aren't going to pay the cruiseline $40 EACH to shuttle us to Horseshoe Bay!

I can hardly believe that there is an excursion that costs whatever per person to shuttle you from the Dockyards to Snorkel Park. I am not saying I don't believe you, I don't believe they would base an excursion on a ride for that short of a distance. But I guess they do! LOL :D It is so close you wouldn't believe it until you see it for yourselves. If there is anyone with a physical disability that prevents them from walking or being wheeled over to Snorkel Park I can almost see it. But either way it's weird they actually charge an excusrion price for that. You are smart saving your money on a shuttle that amounts to maybe a few minutes walk.

Lorie

Edited by galensgrl

Here is the link to the excursion where RCCL will WALK you to the FREE bonfire on the beach at Snorkel Park (and they do throw in rum swizzlers, but they charge full price for kids) for the low price of $29.75.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=BKL8&DestinationCode=BERMU

And people will pay to do it! I saw that they charge almost $60 to take you to the aquarium which you can do for $9pp round trip on the ferry then bus and $10 admission. So almost $40 pp to coordinate transportation for you. Cruise ship tours are always more expensive then booking privately or going on your own, but I have never seen anything like the prices they are charging in Bermuda compared to what you can do it for on your own.

Thanks so much for the scoop on the FREE Snorkle Beach bonfire- Mom was considering this excursion for our May 30th cruise, but I just sent along news that we can save ourselves some $.

Maybe we'll sneak some of our own s'mores ingredients in the luggage, y'know, just in case.

Let us know how it was, marshmallow and all. We go in Sept. and arrive on a Sunday @ 3 so I thought this would be a great first evening experiencing. Love to know if you are able to see the sunset? Can you rent chairs for the evening adventures? Drink costs? I am assuming mom may has some mobility problems due to her age, was there any problem for for the walk? Do they run the free trolley at that time and does that get you closer w/o walking? So please report back and thank you so much. Lucky you, only 30 days to go!

Can someone post the time of the bonfire on Mondays? Thanks!

Looks like:

6-9pm on Mondays In April, May, Sept & October

and

7-10 pm June through August

These are the hours that a DJ is scheduled to play on the beach, so I'm guessing the bonfire's centered around that?