Grand Circle Elbe Christmas

pacmom

We were looking to take this trip in 2917 with friends. Looked like a great itinerary. It is no longer available in Dec., Jan or Feb. Guess not being able to cruise last year made them rethink the itinerary. This would be our fourth Christmas market cruise and thought this would be just perfect. Back to the drawing board. Pat

We were looking to take this trip in 2917 with friends. Looked like a great itinerary. It is no longer available in Dec., Jan or Feb. Guess not being able to cruise last year made them rethink the itinerary. This would be our fourth Christmas market cruise and thought this would be just perfect. Back to the drawing board. Pat

Sorry to hear that. Hope you find another great option!

Edited by Sapphire73

Christmas 2017 is too far away for them to price. GCT might offer "pre reservation" so a call wouldn't hurt. Have you traveled with them beforehand?

I was on one of the Elbe non-cruise cruises and it was wonderful. But GCT must have taken a big hit with the refunds, credits, hotel and restaurant costs, and all the extras.

GCT might offer "pre reservation" so a call wouldn't hurt.

We were able to pre reserve our GCT cruise Burgundy & Provence to Cote d"Azur for 2017 shortly before the dates and times (and prices) were posted online.

Wonder if they are holding off on posting all of the Christmas Market cruises for 2017 just now?

Cpt Trips, called GCT on the phone. They will release the holiday schedule in about a month. They will do the Elbe. Hated the thoughts of research all over again. Would be very interested to hear about the length of the bus rides and where you stayed in hotels.

We just returned from England and the people we spoke with were much in favor of leaving the EU. This situation is going to lead to more countries doing the same, I fear.

Thank you for all your help. Pat

Actually, the non-cruise only added one hotel stay, in Dresdenfor three nights, to the scheduled itinerary. We stayed on the ship, grounded in Wittenburg for four nights. In Berlin we stayed at the Maritime Hotel and in Prague at the Park Inn, both part of the regular itinerary. I can't recall the name of the Dresden hotel, but it was right by the bridge that crosses the river from the "Porch of Europe"

Bus ride from Berlin seemed long. But, we stopped in Potsdam to tour the site of the Potsdam conference as well as the infamous Wansee House plus lunch. From there the ride to Wittenburg was longer than if we picked the ship up at the scheduled location. Similarly the ride from Dresden to Prague was longer than if we departed from the scheduled location) but we had a stop at Terezin (sp.)

The other bus rides from Wittenburg and Dresden weren't bad. I did not time them, an hour or so. I think I wrote a review on GCT, rbl***, and some lengthy posts here.