Paging Blu Experts

JEDIKNIGHT

Wow..that would be very nice.

Yes, and someone else reported that they did it on the previous cruise as well. I'll be on Summit in 3 weeks so I'll see for myself.

Reminds me of what HAL does for returning customers, allowing them to eat lunch in the MDR. I got to do that on our first (and only) HAL cruise, because Princess had somehow given my wife a cruise credit even though we'd never sailed with them (and still haven't, but she was on their mailing list), allowing us to be considered return cruisers on our first sailing.

I wonder how much it will affect Bistro lunch business the first day? Of course, this assumes that it goes fleet-wide.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I was not able to open the link to the menus, does anyone else have a link to the BLU menus? Thanks!!!!

Which link? What error do you get?

I realized that I never came back here after my cruise. We were very disappointed in Blu. Several nights the choices on the MDR menu were more interesting, but they would not get me them, even appetizers (I thought I had read that this was possible). Some nights we skipped dessert because there was nothing interesting and we wanted to catch the show. Service was very slow. And the worst part (for me), they killed my duck breast, overcooking it on multiple occasions. The worst was the pecan crusted version the last night, which had an asterisk on the menu saying it was served undercooked, but was fully cooked and brown. And then they tried to tell me it could not be served medium rare because of how it was prepared. Well then why did the menu have the asterisk?? At least I only paid $80pp to upgrade us so I didn't feel that I wasted money. And breakfast was nice. Lunch the first day was OK, but the buffet would have been better.

Edited by MisterBill99

Having sailed on the Summit 4 times, and in Blu three of the four times, most people-not all- do dress up on formal night.

Not carved in stone- but they do tend to dress up in all venues.

This is true but in no way is it required. If you wish to dress smart casual every night in Blu you are welcome to do so.

As for the comment someone made that Qsine is better than Blu, the two are totally different experiences and cannot be compared.

One was a group of 8 and they arrived at 7:00 pm which is prime time. Since we usually arrived around 7:00 the others were also arriving around then. I am sure you would be fine with 4 people.

I also wanted to mention that on the 3 cruises we took I don't remember any men without jackets and ties on formal night.

I haven't been on the Summit but on other ships it can vary considerably. On the Millie recently I would say that at least 50% went without either a tie or jacket. A few tuxes but they were a small minority. Very different to my experience on the Solstice last year

Which link? What error do you get?

I realized that I never came back here after my cruise. We were very disappointed in Blu. Several nights the choices on the MDR menu were more interesting, but they would not get me them, even appetizers (I thought I had read that this was possible). Some nights we skipped dessert because there was nothing interesting and we wanted to catch the show. Service was very slow. And the worst part (for me), they killed my duck breast, overcooking it on multiple occasions. The worst was the pecan crusted version the last night, which had an asterisk on the menu saying it was served undercooked, but was fully cooked and brown. And then they tried to tell me it could not be served medium rare because of how it was prepared. Well then why did the menu have the asterisk?? At least I only paid $80pp to upgrade us so I didn't feel that I wasted money. And breakfast was nice. Lunch the first day was OK, but the buffet would have been better.

Since we had similar experiences on some ships, we now either only dine in specialty restaurants or MDR. This works best on S class ships, especially the reflection and silhouette. We can go for a cheaper cabin and take the unlimited specialty restaurant package. You also get a couple of special lunches and a high tea.

However, if the cost is the same as cc, we might take AQ