Connecting rooms on Enchantment

A couple days ago I booked a category Z room on Enchantment for December at a good price. Today I see our cabin has been assigned: an inside on deck 3. It's a connecting room, which I've never had before.

Does anybody have experience with connecting rooms which they can share with me? Will we be able to hear our neighbors more easily than in non-connecting rooms? Is the furniture arranged differently (which might make the room feel even smaller)?

I booked a Z knowing that I could end up with anything, and I'm fine with this, but I'd just like to know what to expect before I see it. Thanks!

You won't hear your neighbors unless they are VERY loud...and then, you would hear them through the wall, anyway. No worries!

As far as furniture, the smaller the sofa, the more floor space you have.

Edited by cb at sea

You won't hear your neighbors unless they are VERY loud...and then, you would hear them through the wall, anyway. No worries!

As far as furniture, the smaller the sofa, the more floor space you have.

Thank you. Does this mean there will be a smaller sofa? Of course, I'm used to inside rooms on the Monarch, so any sofa will be bigger than I'm used to.

Thank you. Does this mean there will be a smaller sofa? Of course, I'm used to inside rooms on the Monarch, so any sofa will be bigger than I'm used to.

Which cabin? I had 4583. It is a connecting cabin. I heard NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING from my neighbors, on either side.

Because of the door, I had a chair instead of a widdle sofa.

Compared to an interior on the Monarch, it's a palace.

;) :D

Does anybody have experience with connecting rooms which they can share with me? Will we be able to hear our neighbors more easily than in non-connecting rooms? Is the furniture arranged differently (which might make the room feel even smaller)?

Thanks!

I agree. You won't hear a thing from your neighbors.

We had connecting balcony cabins on the Mariner with our teen sons, and at one point we had to actually open the connecting door to check if they were in the room!!! They didn't hear us knocking because they were sprawled out on their beds engrossed in some TV movie. Believe me, the volume was LOUD!!!! ....And we didn't hear a thing. ........ Which meant they couldn't hear us either! ;) LoL

As far as furniture placement, The connecting door was at the foot of our queen bed and opened into their cabin between the two twin beds. Each cabin had a full size sofa near the bathroom and the beds were closer to the balcony door. I realize you are in an inside cabin, so obviously it will be a bit different for you.

I think you will be fine. Enjoy your cruise and all the money you saved!!......who knows, maybe the upgrade fairy will pay you a visit :)

Which cabin? I had 4583. It is a connecting cabin. I heard NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING from my neighbors, on either side.

Because of the door, I had a chair instead of a widdle sofa.

Compared to an interior on the Monarch, it's a palace.

;) :D

Thanks, Merion_Mom. We'll be down on deck 3. This is great info. Thank you very much.

I agree. You won't hear a thing from your neighbors.

We had connecting balcony cabins on the Mariner with our teen sons, and at one point we had to actually open the connecting door to check if they were in the room!!! They didn't hear us knocking because they were sprawled out on their beds engrossed in some TV movie. Believe me, the volume was LOUD!!!! ....And we didn't hear a thing. ........ Which meant they couldn't hear us either! ;) LoL

As far as furniture placement, The connecting door was at the foot of our queen bed and opened into their cabin between the two twin beds. Each cabin had a full size sofa near the bathroom and the beds were closer to the balcony door. I realize you are in an inside cabin, so obviously it will be a bit different for you.

I think you will be fine. Enjoy your cruise and all the money you saved!!......who knows, maybe the upgrade fairy will pay you a visit :)

Wow! That sounds even more soundproof than normal inside cabins I've had on the Monarch. I could often hear neighbors' televisions or voices talking. It wasn't ever enough to really bother me, but I did definitely hear it. Sounds like the connecting room won't be a problem at all. Thank you for the great information.

I can't imagine I'd get an upgrade out of a Z, but it's okay. We're very happy to have a cheap somewhat last-minute trip on a new-to-us ship. We're moving on up. First we were in Sovereign class, now Vision class, and January 2016 we'll be in Radiance class! I'm very excited!

Edited by Royal_Cruiser