Explorer refurbishment

sea-jay

Can anyone tell me when the Explorer OTS was refurbished??

I know the ship is over 12 years old and it was the first ship I sailed on and would like to renew acquaintance with her. I understand she will be in Port Canaveral for a few cruises around Thanksgiving.

Edited by sea-jay

Not sure when she was last refurbished but she is scheduled for early next year.

Explorer will be dry docking in March. She is currently out for her final cruise from NJ and will then sail from FL for a few months before dry docking in Spain for 45 days in March. After that she will be cruising in Europe. I'd love to see what the ship will look like after the overhaul.

We just finished a cruise on Explorer yesterday and she is still in good shape. We really enjoyed the ship and feel like it is the perfect size for a cruise ship. There is definitely noticeable wear and tear and datedness, but really nothing too terrible that was worth complaining about. The Promenade area looks as if it could have been more recently updated that the rest of the ship.

We are leaving out of Port Canaveral on Nov. 24 and will be sailing on Thanksgiving day. The prices are amazing, unfortunately I booked too early to take advantage of the great bargains. I have sailed the Explorer before, and I am confident that RCCL will make sure she is in good shape for us!

Explorer will be dry docking in March. She is currently out for her final cruise from NJ and will then sail from FL for a few months before dry docking in Spain for 45 days in March. After that she will be cruising in Europe. I'd love to see what the ship will look like after the overhaul.

We just finished a cruise on Explorer yesterday and she is still in good shape. We really enjoyed the ship and feel like it is the perfect size for a cruise ship. There is definitely noticeable wear and tear and datedness, but really nothing too terrible that was worth complaining about. The Promenade area looks as if it could have been more recently updated that the rest of the ship.

I really hope you are mistaken, since we have a reservation for Explorer from Cape Liberty for NEXT Saturday (01 November) ending in Port Canaveral on 15 Noveember.

Ray in NH

I really hope you are mistaken, since we have a reservation for Explorer from Cape Liberty for NEXT Saturday (01 November) ending in Port Canaveral on 15 Noveember.

Ray in NH

Yikes. Touche. I should have said her final "round trip" from NJ! oops! Enjoy your cruise! :)

I really hope you are mistaken, since we have a reservation for Explorer from Cape Liberty for NEXT Saturday (01 November) ending in Port Canaveral on 15 November.

Ray in NH

I'm waiting for ya!

I've been sweeping and dusting and polishing.................

;)

:D

For Carol and those sailing next week, please pay our favorite bartender, Savio DeSouza, a visit while you're onboard. He tends bar at 19th hole for the Concierge crew during their cocktail hours, then (usually) heads over to Dizzy's. Tell him Marc (white Russian) and Ruth (ultimate Cosmo) said "hi" and we're sorry we didn't get back to see him again on the last night. He was BY FAR the most attentive & friendly crew member we met on our 10/9 9-night sail.

Edited by 1ParticularHbr