Bernina Express

hmstins

I guess this won't be much help: I took this train from St. Moritz but not all the way south.

It was a few years ago and I do remember it. The scenery is marvelous and the train very nice. I was part of a media group, so I don't remember the cost as it was prepaid as part of an excursion. The trains in Switzerland run on time and are very clean and comfortable. I'm certain you will enjoy the trip.

Has anyone taken the Bernina Express out of Milan to St Moritz, or from Zurich back to Milan? I have several questions and would like to discuss!

Thanks,

Margie in Austin

Hi,

The Bernina Express operates between Tirano (connecting service to /from Milan on the Italian railways) and StMoritz. It is a Swiss Railway operation.

Spectacular,comfortable and modern; the scenery alone makes this trip a'' must do''. Zurich-Milan service is fairly frequent, joint venture between the Swiss and Italian railways, under the brand name EuroCity. Very modern,good amenities, and quite fast ( where possible !!!! you're crossing the Alps:rolleyes:).That journey ranks as one of the top scenic rides you'd ever want to take,from a scenery point of views. It covers every facet of Alps rail travel, loops, tunnels, South Alpine to North Alpine to lakes, etc.etc...

I'll be happy to elaborate on the topic and answer questions. I have journeyed in Switzerland very frequently.

Cheers

Claude

Hi,

The Bernina Express operates between Tirano (connecting service to /from Milan on the Italian railways) and StMoritz.

Actually, the full route is Chur-Tirano - those trains actually bypass St-Moritz. There are however trains that depart St-Moritz for Tirano, and the entire length of track is also used by regular Swiss trains (but the Bernina Express is much more comfortable).

Two years ago we travelled Salzburg-Milan, taking the regular Swiss train Chur-St-Moritz and the BEX St-Moritz-Tirano. A truly stunning voyage.