Marriott Biscayne Bay

lilone

We are staying at this hotel for two days prior to our cruise in August. Can anyone give me advice on what to do in this area? Should we rent a car? We are a family of 6 ...including teenagers:) Is south beach close? What about shopping and restaurants? I know I'm asking a lot but any information will be greatly appreciated.

You do not need or want a car -- hotel parking there is about $30 per day! :eek:

There is shopping available for last minute items in the covered areas connecting your hotel to the next door Doubletree and some of the nearby condo buildings.

Some rooms in your hotel offer a view of the port - a great view when you wake up the morning of your cruise. :cool:

You can walk to Bayside Market - very touristy but some dining options that may appeal to teens (Bubba Gumps, etc.). I would suggest using the people mover thing or a taxi to get back to your hotel at night. There is also some dining nearby your hotel - the restaurant/bar in the lobby of the Doubletree is very good, or walk 2 blocks to Bin 18 (Biscayne and 18th) for great tapas and an extensive wine and beer list! :D

South Beach will be a $15+ cab ride each way, depending upon where you want to be dropped off. Good luck! :)

Thank you so much. One more question. Whats the cheapest way to get to the port?

Two taxis for about $12+tip each - the ride will take about 5-10 minutes depending upon traffic and your luck with the lights. Good luck! :)

Archived