Bike and Brew Glacier view tour

Mrs.Gosse

My husband and I did this. It was really fun. We did it in the rain too, but still had fun. The bike ride is about 5 miles long if I remember right. The guide looked at us and I could almost read his mind as if he was thinking oh, boy, chubby seniors will be riding slow and have a hard time keeping up. But we bike a lot and stayed in the front of the pack most all the time. The tour guide gave us a big smile afterwards. Anyways stopping at the Alaska brewery after your ride was a real treat. Kind of like a reward. You get lots of beer to drink BTW plus a chance to buy some souvenirs too. I would recommend this tour but be prepared for a chance of rain. They do supply you with rain jackets if you need them. However we brought our own.

This sounds so fun. I have recently gotten in pretty good shape and my husband's doctor says he can bike. We were both interested but we don't want to miss the excursion that we choose either. I really wish we could do both.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Mrs.Gosse

We just booked the bike and brew off the Golden Princess (from 12-4) AND the whale cruise (starts at 4:30)

I called Princess directly, and the person I spoke to said that if the computer let me book both tours that it was a doable combination.

And I also thought that this WAS the Alaska board.................

We just booked the bike and brew off the Golden Princess (from 12-4) AND the whale cruise (starts at 4:30)

Just don't overdo the "samples" if you are going whale watching right after. ;)

We did this back in 2009. I'd say that it's good for casual, experienced bikers. We had a few on our tour that obviously hadn't been on a bike in years and didn't know how to work gears. They had trouble keeping up, particularly on the few small hills. There were also a few who were apparently ardent cyclists, and this was a bit tame for them. Overall, it was very enjoyable. Of course, we were blessed with beautiful, sunny weather. Not sure if it would be as fun in the rain.

5202_1212213542954_250946_n.jpg

I called Princess directly, and the person I spoke to said that if the computer let me book both tours that it was a doable combination.

And I also thought that this WAS the Alaska board.................

I am so bummed. DH and I talked about it and decided to do it and I just checked and neither of the times the whale watching cruise goes out will work with this. I was very excited.

I am so bummed. DH and I talked about it and decided to do it and I just checked and neither of the times the whale watching cruise goes out will work with this. I was very excited.

Are you only looking at whale watch tours through your cruise ship? Maybe you ought to look at one of the independent vendors. I highly recommend Orca Enterprises, but there are several others with good reviews.

Thanks for sharing picture...which port was this? And what month? Love biking as long as not too many hills!:)

Just don't overdo the "samples" if you are going whale watching right after. ;)

We did this back in 2009. I'd say that it's good for casual, experienced bikers. We had a few on our tour that obviously hadn't been on a bike in years and didn't know how to work gears. They had trouble keeping up, particularly on the few small hills. There were also a few who were apparently ardent cyclists, and this was a bit tame for them. Overall, it was very enjoyable. Of course, we were blessed with beautiful, sunny weather. Not sure if it would be as fun in the rain.

5202_1212213542954_250946_n.jpg

Edited by grammyprf

Are you only looking at whale watch tours through your cruise ship? Maybe you ought to look at one of the independent vendors. I highly recommend Orca Enterprises, but there are several others with good reviews.

As it turns out the reason it will not work is because we are not just on the Whale cruise, it is the glacier/ whales combination. And it is the one through the cruise line. I looked at independent ones and I found a lot of the same companies so I decided just to go with the one through princess for the ease of connections.

As it turns out the reason it will not work is because we are not just on the Whale cruise, it is the glacier/ whales combination. And it is the one through the cruise line. I looked at independent ones and I found a lot of the same companies so I decided just to go with the one through princess for the ease of connections.

If you do the Bike and Brew, you will be going to the glacier already, so you wouldn't need to do a whale/glacier combo.

Thanks for sharing picture...which port was this? And what month? Love biking as long as not too many hills!:)

The Bike and Brew tour is in Juneau. We did it at the end of July. The weather was atypical. It was around 80F.

If you do the Bike and Brew, you will be going to the glacier already, so you wouldn't need to do a whale/glacier combo.

I will take a look at that. And doing a whale tour after.