Did Jitney #10 price go up to $1.75?

momin05

I just bought Melia day passes and the email they sent said the jitney ride is $1.75. I have always heard $1.25. I am not complaining about the 50 cent, I just have a very large group going and I am telling people to bring exact change. So I need to give them the correct price. I assume the Melia people know what they are talking about. But thought I would check and see if anyone has been recently and can confirm. Thanks!

Also, does it have to be exact change for each person? For example if I have 4 people in my group, can I pay $7 (assuming the $1.75 pp price)? Or does the exact change have to be per person?

It was still $1.25 in January. Hopefully someone who's been there more recently will respond.

You can pay for the whole group at one time, just tell the driver how many people. You can always round up to the next dollar too. That's what my husband and I do - we just give the driver $3.

Also, does it have to be exact change for each person? For example if I have 4 people in my group, can I pay $7 (assuming the $1.75 pp price)? Or does the exact change have to be per person?

It depends on the driver, some will give you change back. When you get on the bus tell the driver where you want to go, they will tell you when you have reached your destination. I don't know about any price increase, we we just there 2 weeks ago but we didn't use the busses.

• 2 weeks later...

Just figure $2 per person and let the driver have the change as tip.

On the trip to the Melia, it cost $6.25 for the five of us. We gave him $8.00 and told him to keep the change. The driver acted like we just gave him $1000.

On the ride back we were charged (for the same trip) $8.75 for the five of us. We gave this driver $10 this time. Really, no big deal...You are on vacation, tip well and often.

Just figure $2 per person and let the driver have the change as tip.

On the trip to the Melia, it cost $6.25 for the five of us. We gave him $8.00 and told him to keep the change. The driver acted like we just gave him $1000.

On the ride back we were charged (for the same trip) $8.75 for the five of us. We gave this driver $10 this time. Really, no big deal...You are on vacation, tip well and often.

Sounds like the price went up from $1.25 to $1.75 while you were sitting at Melia! Some of our group are large families so just trying to give people an idea of how much to have ready. I have never done the jitney before and didn't know you could tip the driver...I thought it was like a city bus here. Thanks for the info!