How to easily get out of port area

Canadian Tyler

I've been to Costa Maya three times now, but for some reason always have a hard time finding the exit to the street. (Almost like this is by design! ;))

Does anyone have simple instructions or a map on how to get to the port exit? We usually walk around in circles until we give up and ask someone but hoping for a quicker escape next time!

I don' have a port map handy at the moment. But the port shopping maps on board should get you to the tram parking lot. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/shopping_guides/CostaMayaRC_ENG.pdf

Basically, you hang to your right along the shops, don't venture toward the middle, until you see the signs for the tram/rentals, etc.very near The Diamonds International and Tanizite Stores. (on the linked pdf it's where it says Bike Rental. There will be an opening. From there you can see the gate. There is an exit through one of the shops in the back that will put you directly facing the gate, but I forget which one it is and sometimes these shop names change. There's an arrow pointing to a convenience store on the pdf, that I believe is the other exit.

After walking the long pier towards the shops, look for the tall tower looking thing ahead on your right. walk through the breezeway that goes under the tall tower. Now you will be in a large parking lot. Assuming that you want a taxi (cheaper and quicker than the shuttle) walk outside the port gates, and about 500 feet on the right is the taxi stand...