San Juan Beaches

Divish87

Hey

I'm heading to the Caribbean in November for my 30th birthday. The day we're in San Juan is my actual birthday and I would love to just chill in a hammock sipping cocktails.

I've done a search and the only beaches coming are ones attached to hotels. Are these allowed to be used by non hotel guests? Or does anybody have recommendations on where to go?

Hey

I'm heading to the Caribbean in November for my 30th birthday. The day we're in San Juan is my actual birthday and I would love to just chill in a hammock sipping cocktails.

I've done a search and the only beaches coming are ones attached to hotels. Are these allowed to be used by non hotel guests? Or does anybody have recommendations on where to go?

Friends have done this. Given are the last known prices.

For current rates contact

http://www.pamelaspr.com/

Numerous Uno - Pamela's

US$30.00 [2pax] for Chairs/Umbrella including a couple of "mixed" drinks [cocktails] - beer/wine @ extra charge - Taxi from the Port approx $20.00 2/4pax each way - Drinks/Lunch Package $45.00

Friends have done this. Given are the last known prices.

For current rates contact

http://www.pamelaspr.com/

Numerous Uno - Pamela's

US$30.00 [2pax] for Chairs/Umbrella including a couple of "mixed" drinks [cocktails] - beer/wine @ extra charge - Taxi from the Port approx $20.00 2/4pax each way - Drinks/Lunch Package $45.00

We have been here.

If OP is interested, there is a complete review with TONS of pictures in it, found in my signature line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi I will be in SanJuan for 12 hours on my cruise day, really want to go to a calm beautiful beach. Since we are there from11:00 am to 11:00pm does anyone have recommendations to go to a better beach other than isla verde, etc further from the port?

Are you planning on renting a car? While there are great beaches further out from the San Juan metro area, the cot to get to them by taxi would be very high. Two beaches I would recommend are on the eastern part of the island, about 40 minutes to 1 hour away from the pier. Luquillo beach has the calm water you're looking for, has facilities, food kiosks on the vicinity but no chair or umbrellas to rent that I know of. actually, I don't think you'll find any to rent on any beach outside from Condado and Isla Verde. Another beach, somewhat close to Luquillo is Seven Seas in Fajardo, about an hour from SJ. It has calm waters, SOME facilities and a couple of places nearby to grab a quick, local bite. The closests beach I'd recomend to the west would be Puerto Nuevo beach in the municipality of Vega Baja, which should be about 50 mins-1hrs. drive from San Juan.