Recent Mariners Champagne brunch menu

nautica34

• 1 month later...
Anyone have copy of recent Mariners Champagne brunch menu for Canada/New England?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We are just back from the 14 day Canada/New England cruise and the menu for the Mariners brunch was different in both directions. I think it is pretty much at the whim of the head Chef. Three choices if I remember correctly.

On the Amsterdam's 14 day Alaskan Cruise, there was a vegetarian dish, Beef Short Ribs, and Halibut. I had the Halibut; it was delicious. But, for me, the serving size was too large for me to finish. The brunch was very pleasant until my table's wait staff clearly informed my table mates and I that it was time to leave. (I was in the first group of the day.) I did make note of this rudeness on my end of cruise survey.

On the Amsterdam's 14 day Alaskan Cruise, there was a vegetarian dish, Beef Short Ribs, and Halibut. I had the Halibut; it was delicious. But, for me, the serving size was too large for me to finish. The brunch was very pleasant until my table's wait staff clearly informed my table mates and I that it was time to leave. (I was in the first group of the day.) I did make note of this rudeness on my end of cruise survey.

fo

Thanks, rka,,,,,,,,, I would have had the hahlib ut if I had been at the Mariners' B runch but I missed it on Veeendam. I like halibut.

Do you remember what any of the choi es were?

Yes, beef short ribs, which they said was a casserole but wasn't and really was far too much meat at lunch. There was halibut one time but hake another; both white fish. The vegetarian option was some sort of goat cheese tart. A scallop and artichoke soup appetizer or a meat tartar salad thing. The dessert both times we did it on our 14 days cruise was a lemon pie with blueberries and maple. Very nice. Oh, and sparkling wine included. Plus, everyone got a ceramic tile of the Maasdam. The staff did have to clean the entire room for the lunch crowd that was very soon arriving so one really couldn't linger a long time.

Last year we were rudely told to leave after a lunch. Admittedly we were lingering, chatting to table mates that we had just met. I found it a bit confronting.

Maybe the dining room waiters need some education about how to ask people nicely if they could continue their conversation elsewhere as they need to set the dining room for another occasion.

Everyone would understand the pressure they are under to get everything done in time. It is all about how it is said.