Tui Discovery infoDo the

Hello cruisers,

We're cruising with our 3 children - 17, 14 & 9. We've booked 2 inside cabins, do they normally place you by each other? How does the drop down bed work as my daughter is sharing with my hubby & I, is the drop down bed comfy? Do we have a sofa in our cabin or is that just for the inside plus?

As it's All inclusive im guessing the kids don't have to wear wristbands, how does it work when you order food/drinks, do you have to give your room number each time?

Any info would be greatly received as we really don't know what to expect.

Hello cruisers,

We're cruising with our 3 children - 17, 14 & 9. We've booked 2 inside cabins, do they normally place you by each other? How does the drop down bed work as my daughter is sharing with my hubby & I, is the drop down bed comfy? Do we have a sofa in our cabin or is that just for the inside plus?

As it's All inclusive im guessing the kids don't have to wear wristbands, how does it work when you order food/drinks, do you have to give your room number each time?

Any info would be greatly received as we really don't know what to expect.

Have you booked 2 cabins side by side? If not, there would be no gurantees.

No-one has to wear wristbands, when you arrive at the ship your photo is taken and put onto a small card along with your credit card details. Every time you board or disembark the ship you must show this identity card to security - they then know who is on the ship. You also use this card as your door key and give the card when you order drinks or wine at the table. Any extras you incurr e.g. photos or purchasingitems from the shop, these are put onto your card and charged at the end of the holiday. No money is used on the ship which makes life very easy. As for food, there are several options. You can eat in 47 which is the main dining room or gallery 47 which is exactly the same but serves Italian food. You are not allowed into these wearing shorts etc but if you prefer not to dress up you can eat in Islands which is the buffet restaurant. There are also speciality restaurants at an extra charge but we never felt the need to use them. We loved the Glasshouse salad bar at lunch time as it was very relaxed. For the kids there is also a burger bar and fish and chips. All the restaurants are very good, you will certainly never go hungry! You will have a lovely time and definitely get hooked on cruising:)

Thank you both. It sounds amazing, we can't wait, Only 23 days to go!

Will the kids need to show the card when they go to the snack bar, I'm not sure if I trust them to keep it safe, hehe ;)

It's good to know about the block on the kids cards!

Edited by Excited First Timers 2017

If you haven't pre booked your rooms you may not get rooms together.

If you want a great waiter service experience then gallery 47 is a must. Just book your table during the day and turn up and you will be looked after like royalty.

I'm back on in Sept and literally am bursting with excitement.

You are going to have a fantastic time.

If you want a great waiter service experience then gallery 47 is a must. Just book your table during the day and turn up and you will be looked after like royalty.

You are going to have a fantastical time.

That's interesting. Is Gallery 47 now a pre booking venue rather than freedom dining as per the MDR?

You are going to have a fantastic time.

-

Unless things have changed since May you cannot book for Gallery 47 - it is first come first served open dining. Our favourite restaurant on D2.

-

Unless things have changed since May you cannot book for Gallery 47 - it is first come first served open dining. Our favourite restaurant on D2.

Unless they are sneaking in that unofficial table reservation system that happens on other Thomson ships. What happens is that some tables are 'reserved' for favoured customers in the expectation that the waiters will receive suitable compensation at the end of the cruise :mad:

It is a scam like the other one I have noticed where if you are not on the AI your drinks receipt does not match the drinks you bought. It is cheaper. This happened to me and apparently I was buying cigarettes although I don't smoke and was drinking beer, again they are hoping for a tip.