Are the cabin sizes that different

GalCruzer

Just asking because we just got back from our Cruise on the Carnival Elation and was happily surprised with the size of our cabin. Whereas previously had been on the now retired Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas.

The cabin on the RCCL felt more like the size of a broom closet. I remember it was me and my daughter and she was sitting on one of the beds and was holding her arms out to the side to kind of show the size of the cabin on the RCCL.

On Carnival we had much more room, walking space and enough area that we didn't have to put the luggage in the closet. Not sure what I did wrong or should have asked for in booking on RCCL. BTW both were Ocean view cabins.

:confused:

Other than that had a great time.

Just asking because we just got back from our Cruise on the Carnival Elation and was happily surprised with the size of our cabin. Whereas previously had been on the now retired Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas.

The cabin on the RCCL felt more like the size of a broom closet. I remember it was me and my daughter and she was sitting on one of the beds and was holding her arms out to the side to kind of show the size of the cabin on the RCCL.

On Carnival we had much more room, walking space and enough area that we didn't have to put the luggage in the closet. Not sure what I did wrong or should have asked for in booking on RCCL. BTW both were Ocean view cabins.

:confused:

Other than that had a great time.

The cabins on the Monarch or Majesty Of The Seas ( sister ships) are among the smallest in all the ships anywhere on the 7 seas..we were in an inside ( only & last time in an inside cabin!) that was 119 SF...most insides are 140-170 SF..insides on the newer RCI ships vary from 150 -172 sf..on the brand new Quantum & Anthem of the Seas, insides are a roomy 166-187 SF...so, yes cabin sizes vary a great deal...we usually cruise in a balcony or Junior suites, which are from 172 SF to 300 SF...read my thread here on cabin selection tips called "Thanks Cruise ship balcony" for why booking a balcony is the ultimate way to cruise..it has 38,000 hits so far...

Big Al

Edited by big al
mistake

This is something that we have noticed as well. Cabin sizes within a cruise line vary greatly from ship to ship even though the ships are sisters in the same class and the same category of cabin!

Strange but true! :D