Barcelona 'hop-on, hop-off' bus

North GA Couple

I'll be on the Celebrity Reflection next month. The ship will be docked in Barcelona for a day. None of the ship's excursions really appeal to us. In studying the route map for the Barcelona On and Off bus, I can't really tell if it goes near the port to catch it--or if we have to walk or get transportation to get to it.

Has anyone used this and do you know if it stops close enough to the port to make it a worthwhile option?

Thanks,

I'll be on the Celebrity Reflection next month. The ship will be docked in Barcelona for a day. None of the ship's excursions really appeal to us. In studying the route map for the Barcelona On and Off bus, I can't really tell if it goes near the port to catch it--or if we have to walk or get transportation to get to it.

Has anyone used this and do you know if it stops close enough to the port to make it a worthwhile option?

Thanks,

Bus route stops at the World Trade Center near where the shuttle stops. see attached

https://www.hop-on-hop-off-bus.com/barcelona/barcelona-bus-turistic-ticket_14002

Your ship may berth some distance from the port gate, then it's a fair walk from the gate to the World Trade Centre ho-ho pick-up stop, so altho there's no restriction on walking out of the port it's worth paying a few euros for that port shuttle.

Take that advice from a tightwad who didn't. :o :D

The shuttle goes well past the port gate & drops close to that ho-ho stop and the bottom of Las Ramblas.

The ho-hos are usually very busy, but also very frequent - and they manage to find more when it gets hectic. If the buses are packed they also hold people at the stop while passengers get off & give the opportunity for those downstairs to move upstairs. before allowing new passengers to board - a very fair way of doing things.

JB :)

Barcelona HoHo buses are excellent.

There seem to be at least 2 companies and they all do the same thing. Just take the first one you see.

If you save the ticket from the RED company ("city signtseeing" I think), they will give you a discount in any other city!

While I like HoHo busses, we had a bad experience in Barcelona our last time there. Getting on the bus at the Colon monument was easy and the trip around was nice. The issue was with so many cruise ships and tourists that day, the lines to get back on the bus at every stop was huge. We along with most passengers were afraid to get off as we may not be able to get back on. About mid-way, we had to get off to transfer to the other bus (line) to get back to the port It took us a number of busses before we finally worked our way to the front of the line and were able to board.

So i recommend the Barcelone HoHo but check to see how busy the city will be that day. We couldn't enjoy some of the sites we wanted to explore due to the crowds.

We took a two-day pass on the Barcelona HoHo bus this past May. There are three separate routes, all of which were interesting. It was well worth the money.

http://barcelona-spain.ca/transportation/hop-on-bus.html

Even though I didn't ask the question I'm glad to hear that HOHO buses are such a good way to see the site of Barcelona