Cabanas on Coco Key Accessible?

KCMiller

We're sailing on the Quantum of the Seas (so excited!), and I'd like to know if the cabanas on Coco Key are wheelchair accessible. My parents are coming, and both are in chairs (they can transfer), so any information about the cabanas would be very welcome.

Thanks so much,

KC

I don't think the wheelchairs will work well on Coco Cay....too much sand. We were going to be there this past March and my DH was in a wheelchair part of the time due to knee replacement surgery. I spoke with the concierge and he told me there is a golf cart that runs from the ship to the different cabanas and we had planned to use that. However, due to weather we had to miss this stop.

I don't know how mobile your parents may be so if the cart is a help then its doable. If not, I believe they have large wheeled wheelchairs for use at their beach locations (Coco Cay and Labadee). Suggest you contact Royal's special needs department and see if they can point you in the right direction.

I don't think the wheelchairs will work well on Coco Cay....too much sand. We were going to be there this past March and my DH was in a wheelchair part of the time due to knee replacement surgery. I spoke with the concierge and he told me there is a golf cart that runs from the ship to the different cabanas and we had planned to use that. However, due to weather we had to miss this stop.

I don't know how mobile your parents may be so if the cart is a help then its doable. If not, I believe they have large wheeled wheelchairs for use at their beach locations (Coco Cay and Labadee). Suggest you contact Royal's special needs department and see if they can point you in the right direction.

Have been to both Coco and Labadee and do not remember golf carts running to cabana's at Coco only Labadee - also Cabana's are not on the beach in Coco Cay.

I don't think the wheelchairs will work well on Coco Cay....too much sand.

Depends on the tires on the wheelchair really. The sand is packed down pretty good. Im paraplegic. Last time at Coco Cay I was able to get around decently on my own out of my wheelchair. I didnt use one of their beach wheelchairs.

The beach wheelchairs on Coco Cay are first come first serve. No need to contact Special Needs as they cant be reserved.