Single parent with a 17yo boy onboard Grandeur... Hints!!

Hi everyone...

Finally I'm able to take my kid to cruise... The choice I pick is to go onboard Grandeur of the Seas... Any hints, not for me but for the teenager... Any activities, things to do, things to look forward? This will be his first cruise, so he has no idea about ships... :cool:

Ed

Make sure you get the other parent to sign a parental consent form. Also, they have an age group for him in adventure ocean program. He'll get to hang out and interact with other kids his age.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, definitely have him go to the teens' functions the first night. My son, who is now 17, has been sailing since he was 5. He is an only child, so no siblings to hang out with on the ship. However, he has always gone to the kids/teens first night gathering to meet others his age on the ship. After that, I rarely see him! :o He has many friends he has met over the years on ships and they still keep in touch.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Have to say that at 17 our boys were not interested in the teen activities. They managed to meet up with other teens at the pool and found a group they enjoyed. Also ping pong was a draw with them. Have a great time - we sailed the Grandeur four times with our boys. Not the most exciting ship but we enjoyed plenty of activities.

Even if he doesn't enjoy hanging out in the teen center tell him to go the first night or 2 just to meet people. When my step daughter went with us the first time she cruised she went to the teen center to see who else was around( my daughter was 18 so too old for that) she met a group of kids her age (16 at that time) and sometimes they hung out in the teen center but most of the time they just used it as their meeting point and hung out around the ship...pool , ping pong or where ever the boys were ;). It's a good place to just get a feel for who else is on the ship their age.