Mariner OTS - any info?

I doubt that is wat RCI are trying to do. Yes there we're asians on when i was on but also many caucasions, and handful of indians

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to join in the discussion. I was on the ship last Nov and Feb this year.

The Nov cruise was horrible, it was catering to the China market. Food was lousy, selection was limited. Even the packet milk n yogurts during breakfast were China brands! Lots of clueless China staff hanging around Cafe Promenade not knowing what to do. I'm thinking it's maybe because it's the first cruise from Singapore after being based in China?

The Feb cruise was fantastic. Better selections. There's even daily Indian food at Windjammers. Less rude passengers. Things are more to Singaporean standards. There was a change in cruise director from Dan to Ken. Activities r more enjoyable. The kids club seems more organised. Most of the wait staff have changed and standards are better. For some reason, the ship also seems less crowded. Wonderful bbq during poolside party.

My opinion is that it's best to cruise after the ship is based in Singapore for a while instead of having one after it's repositioned from China.

Btw, Giovanni is great, Chops sucks. Amazingly, the bubble tea at Cafe Promenade is good! I think bubble tea is only available for Asian cruises.

For port intensive itenaries, the ultimate drinks package, along with a few other packages, is cheaper than what's normally listed.

I have just made Platinum for Crown n Anchor, hoping to reach Diamond eventually [emoji6]

The Nov cruise was horrible, it was catering to the China market. Food was lousy, selection was limited. Even the packet milk n yogurts during breakfast were China brands! Lots of clueless China staff hanging around Cafe Promenade not knowing what to do. I'm thinking it's maybe because it's the first cruise from Singapore after being based in China?

The Feb cruise was fantastic. Better selections. There's even daily Indian food at Windjammers. Less rude passengers. Things are more to Singaporean standards. There was a change in cruise director from Dan to Ken. Activities r more enjoyable. The kids club seems more organised. Most of the wait staff have changed and standards are better. For some reason, the ship also seems less crowded. Wonderful bbq during poolside party.

My opinion is that it's best to cruise after the ship is based in Singapore for a while instead of having one after it's repositioned from China.

Btw, Giovanni is great, Chops sucks. Amazingly, the bubble tea at Cafe Promenade is good! I think bubble tea is only available for Asian cruises.

For port intensive itenaries, the ultimate drinks package, along with a few other packages, is cheaper than what's normally listed.

I have just made Platinum for Crown n Anchor, hoping to reach Diamond eventually [emoji6]

Good to hear that things improved! We are on the 3/22 sailing and have heard very little pertaining to that itinerary. I am anxiously awaiting the 3/7 reviews!

Bummer that Chops sucks. We already reserved it. The kids don't want to go to Giovanni's. but maybe we will add it once we board.

Was the Feb mix still dominantly Chinese? I guess I can expect that since we are embarking in Shanghai.

Passengers in my Feb cruise are more international. The Nov one has lots of China n Korean nationals.

Btw, I realized that for the same cruise, price at the international RC website is cheaper than the .sg RC website. Way faster too..

Passengers in my Feb cruise are more international. The Nov one has lots of China n Korean nationals.

Btw, I realized that for the same cruise, price at the international RC website is cheaper than the .sg RC website. Way faster too..

And not forgetting that the international website has a discount for over 55years of age rather than the Singapore website.This is confusing as isn't Royal Carribean website suppose to be the same throughout the countries? And it is also easy to navigate in terms of cabin location(map),sign in to cruise planner for the international website

Good to hear that things improved! We are on the 3/22 sailing and have heard very little pertaining to that itinerary. I am anxiously awaiting the 3/7 reviews!

Bummer that Chops sucks. We already reserved it. The kids don't want to go to Giovanni's. but maybe we will add it once we board.

Was the Feb mix still dominantly Chinese? I guess I can expect that since we are embarking in Shanghai.

Your trip will be what you make it to be.

I went in January leaving from Singapore (first cruise ever) and enjoyed ourselves.

The ship was mixed. Id prob say more aussies than anything. Im from perth n we were always coming across ppl from perth, melb n sydney. There was a family of indians, asians but more japanese, americans, french, german.

Food was for everyone from vegetarium to indian, asian, there was roasts, stir fry noodles, egg noodle soup

Wen we flew to singapore half our plane had ppl on it going on the cruise :)

Oh dear I wasn't aware there was going to such a distinction. This piece of information will definitely put a damper on things.. guess I'll have to re-align my expectations when I go for my Nov cruise later this year.

Edited by firstcruiseinsg

Oh dear I wasn't aware there was going to such a distinction. This piece of information will definitely put a damper on things.. guess I'll have to re-align my expectations when I go for my Nov cruise later this year.

It will only put a damper on things if you let it.

My cruise in january on the mariner from singapore was great. Mixture of ppl and nationalities. Lots of children too

Your trip will be what you make it to be.

I went in January leaving from Singapore (first cruise ever) and enjoyed ourselves.

The ship was mixed. Id prob say more aussies than anything. Im from perth n we were always coming across ppl from perth, melb n sydney. There was a family of indians, asians but more japanese, americans, french, german.

Food was for everyone from vegetarium to indian, asian, there was roasts, stir fry noodles, egg noodle soup

Wen we flew to singapore half our plane had ppl on it going on the cruise :)

ITA about deciding whether or not to let things bother us. I am incredibly excited about this cruise, as I have never been to Japan before and I am a Japanese-American! My sons and DH haven't been either. Can't wait to experience the culture.

I am happy that there will be a variety of foods and (hopefully) a good mix of people. I love that half the plane was also from the cruise haha.

ITA about deciding whether or not to let things bother us. I am incredibly excited about this cruise, as I have never been to Japan before and I am a Japanese-American! My sons and DH haven't been either. Can't wait to experience the culture.

I am happy that there will be a variety of foods and (hopefully) a good mix of people. I love that half the plane was also from the cruise haha.

You'll have a ball!

Take lots of photos and enjoy yourself!

Was def great to see alot from my plane on the ship :)

Hope I did not put a damper on things... After all, I did go on the same ship again.

But I must say, the difference is big. Just a very clear cut example, for 12 Nov sailing, it took around 30 mins to queue to check in, and I'm still considered fast as during mustering at 4pm, there are people who haven't board as they haven't check in. The drill was delayed... But even so, can still see people boarding during the drill itself! I went to Cafe Promenade after the drill, and I can see lots of people with luggage going for a quick bite. They were cursing the long queue during check in and that they had missed lunch. Not a very good start to a holiday..

For the 11 Feb cruise, check in took me 5 mins only after x ray scan of luggage.

• 2 months later...