Will my son be considered Teen or Adventure Ocean?

Hello All! My son will be turning 12 on our upcoming Harmony cruise the 4th day in. Is he considered Adventure Ocean (3-11 age group) or can he participate in the teen activities right away? Any one else experienced this? Thank you

officially, the age you are on the first day is the age you remain for the entire cruise and are subject to that limitation for kids club programming.

all you can is inquire once on board whether or not any exception will be made.

Hi. My son didn't turn 12 during cruise but was 12 the week before. I didn't realise the age change to teens club & I only found out when I went to register him on day 1 & he was turned away.

If your son wants to join the teen group then there is nothing to stop him when he's 12 during the cruise... there was no singing on for this, my son just turned up when he wanted. No checks were made of how old he was, except for the late night flow rider teen session.

Hope that helps.

I just wanted to mention that if Harmony is anything like Allure, the 12-14 year olds were combined with the 15-17 year olds. There were only a couple of times when they were separated and there was not much scheduled for them. It was just a lot of hanging out in packs.

I was really disappointed in the program last month. My granddaughter just turned 12 in June and there weren't a lot of the 12-14 year olds. It was such a difference from the 9-11 year old group in the past.

Hi. My son didn't turn 12 during cruise but was 12 the week before. I didn't realise the age change to teens club & I only found out when I went to register him on day 1 & he was turned away.

If your son wants to join the teen group then there is nothing to stop him when he's 12 during the cruise... there was no singing on for this, my son just turned up when he wanted. No checks were made of how old he was, except for the late night flow rider teen session.

Hope that helps.

Did your son find the teen club fun, being the youngest? My son is 12 & we're sailing Anthem in Dec, & we were wondering if most programming or groups would be too old for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on Navigator in May, so quite a lot smaller ship. No, he didn't find it quite as good, like Katie just posted, it lacked structure. He enjoyed the late night dodgeball and especially the flow rider session (although it didn't start until 10pm & I sat waiting in the room for him!). We went to look around the teen club hang-out area but no staff, nothing so he wasn't bothered. It'll take a couple of cruises for him to get used to it (and me, as we don't let our son just hang about on his own). So he did miss the Adventure club for sure.

Thank you all for your kind responses. My son used to love the activities in Adventure Ocean when he was younger but hasn't even bothered with them the past couple of years. I thought the teen club might be a good change but wasn't aware that they didn't really "break" the 12 to 17's up and just let them hang out. Big difference between a new 12 year old and late teens! I appreciate knowing that ahead of time so we can plan accordingly. Maybe the teen club next time :D!

What they get out of it is really going to depend on the kid, I think. Last week, my teen daughter was making friends and hanging out and participating in all kinds of activities. Her brother on the other hand, liked going to the pool, flowrider, rock climbing, and tagging along with us when it suited him. He didn't participate in any of the formal teen activities at all. It just depends. They both had a great time, each in their own way.

It also depends on when you cruise and how many kids will be onboard if they allow him to move up. Our first cruise was on Brilliance which is much smaller and he turned 12 the week after the cruise. It was spring break and they were not allowing any changes as there were so many more kids than what they typically have. He turns 15 mid-cruise on our next cruise and really hopes to be in the older teen group.

Every cruise we've been on have had the teen club separated into the 12-14 and 15-17 year olds but we travel when there are a lot of other kids on the cruise too. Each sailing could be different and you won't know until they go up there.

My kids have always loved the teen club. If he's allowed in the teen club, its really important to go the first night...my kids race out of dinner to change and head up. The first night is when the kids separate into their own groups which tend to be based on gender/ages even if the activities aren't separated. My kids rarely did teen club sponsored activities other than the flowrider but used it more for a meeting place for their group.

We are going in October, so there probably won't be as many kids. Sounds like he needs to at least check it out--it would be fun for him to have a group to hang out with and a place to go if he gets tired of us :)