Times for Uffizi & Accademia

fruitbat

We're doing Florence on our own and want to buy tickets for the Uffizi and Accademia. We would do one in the morning and one in the afternoon, with a break for lunch somewhere. What times should we shoot for? (potential arrival 9:30 and departure at 4:00). How long should we plan in each place? Thanks for advice!

What times should we shoot for? (potential arrival 9:30 and departure at 4:00). How long should we plan in each place? Thanks for advice!

Depends on whether you are a really art-buff or not.

We had tickets (two or so weeks ago) at 9:30 at the Academia and 11:45 at the Ufizi. We spent about 2.5 at the Ufizi and might have stayed longer except we did want to make a pass at the Duomo and Santa Croce.

The Academia not only houses the David, but other fantastic paintings as well and some of the unfinished works started by Michelangelo. There was also a special exhibit of paintings featuring St. Francis as seen by painters of that time -unfortunately you could not photograph that exhibit

Thanks...

We are pretty into art.

We will be doing a B2B, so will be in Florence on a Monday, when the big art museums aren't open and do the Duomo and some of the other spots, so will really be focusing on these two this particular day.

I took a couple of hours, but that was back in the 80's when I was a lot younger. i probably would take longer now... The other post was correct, it would depend on how you go to a museum. Do you stop and contiplate each painting, just the ones that catch your eye, or do you just browse....

We'll be with another couple who we haven't visited museums with yet. We won't be blitzing through, but I don't think we'll be spending long amounts of time on each painting either. In other words, probably somewhere in the middle.