I books

Talisker92

I use a Canon camera with a viewfinder. I have become used to people with their point and shoot cameras looking at the little screen at arm's length to take a picture.

But what is happening now is people with their I books or equivalent trying to take pictures and blocking everyone else's views. These things are at least a foot wide and I feel it is rude to use them. I would appreciate others opinions.

I use a Canon camera with a viewfinder. I have become used to people with their point and shoot cameras looking at the little screen at arm's length to take a picture.

But what is happening now is people with their I books or equivalent trying to take pictures and blocking everyone else's views. These things are at least a foot wide and I feel it is rude to use them. I would appreciate others opinions.

My not so humble opinion is that my iPad is for reading, and my camera is for pitcha takin'. I'm not going to try reading a book on my camera.

So far I've never had an issue with the I-books blocking my view, but I can see that it could happen. To me, it just looks so silly. Who wants to lug something that big around sightseeing? I don't get it.

I prefer cameras with vewfinders too, but our latest camera doesn't have one.--they are getting harder to find, except in some of the high end (usually bigger) cameras.

For someone like me, who needs readers, the screen is awkward to see in the cameras without viewfinders.

I "lug around" my iPad Mini. It's only the size of a Kindle. I never thought of using it for taking photos - that's why I have my DSLR. But, I use it for tons of other things while I'm walking around - directions, looking for a restaurant, reading… But, I once decided to take a photo on a whim because I could post it right away from there on Facebook. I started taking a few photos with it for just that. I would take photos of my dinner to make my friends drool ;) But, I never take it out and use it as a regular camera. At some sites where there were tons of tourists, it was kind of funny to me to see all those tourists with the iPads/Galaxys out there taking photos…

Agree. Last cruise people with IPADS (which I own and use to VIEW my photos) kept stepping in front of me and my aimed camera to take pictures. I use an IPOD touch sometimes to take videos but its smaller than my phone and I don't seem to think it makes me so special I can get in front of other people.

Agree. Last cruise people with IPADS (which I own and use to VIEW my photos) kept stepping in front of me and my aimed camera to take pictures. I use an IPOD touch sometimes to take videos but its smaller than my phone and I don't seem to think it makes me so special I can get in front of other people.

Don't you just love those folks. I'm 5'3" and I have enough of a problem with people with cameras running over me - hate it when someone sticks that 10" tablet out at arms length right in front of me.

I think there's a big difference between "photographers" - those of us with decent cameras who actually pay attention to what's going on around us - and the "snapshot takers" who have tunnel vision and pay no attention to their surroundings.

Although sometimes if you say something to them nicely they'll apologize and let you in and then you may see them check around to see if they're in anyones way. Those are the ones who honestly didn't realize they might be causing a problem.