Crossing the Arctic Circle

Travelingman52

Anyone any idea what type of lectures will be given on the cruise L1410 (Crossing The Arctic Circle) that myself and my wife are booked upon in July. The last time we went to Norway On Boudicca we had a couple of lectures re the traditions of the Norwegian people given by a very nice lady dressed in national costume. Also when we went to the Baltic on Balmoral there were lectures on Amber and the Faberge eggs. As a couple of the excursions that are on offer in July are bird/nature watching tours I was hoping that they may have some naturalists on board.

• 1 month later...
Anyone any idea what type of lectures will be given on the cruise L1410 (Crossing The Arctic Circle) that myself and my wife are booked upon in July. The last time we went to Norway On Boudicca we had a couple of lectures re the traditions of the Norwegian people given by a very nice lady dressed in national costume. Also when we went to the Baltic on Balmoral there were lectures on Amber and the Faberge eggs. As a couple of the excursions that are on offer in July are bird/nature watching tours I was hoping that they may have some naturalists on board.

:confused:Has no one been on this cruise, lots of views but no replies. Or am i just asking the wrong type of questions? The same thing happened when i posted before when we went to the Baltic, i asked questions that i thought were pertinent, plenty of views but very few replies.

Not trying to be annoying but i am feeling rather left out, perhaps i should just stick to asking questions like what to wear, or which restaurant to use if i don't want to attend the formal nights etc. At least folks get replies to these types of posts. :confused:

Not trying to be annoying but i am feeling rather left out, perhaps i should just stick to asking questions like what to wear, or which restaurant to use if i don't want to attend the formal nights etc. At least folks get replies to these types of posts. :confused:

Those posts can be replied to by anyone who has ever cruised with Fred, your question requires that people have been on a specific cruise, so you have significantly reduced the chances that anyone reading will be able to help.

Don't take it personally, you just happen to be asking questions that very few can answer.

We sailed above the Artic Circle a couple of years ago in the Balmoral. It was a superb trip and remember the Captain who was a Norwegian giving almost a running commentary on what to look out for as we sailed along. I can't recall any talks on Norway but I did a lot of homework before sailing to help my enjoyment and experience.

I was surprised at how little wildlife we saw but not soon after we returned home I saw that Bregen had the largest number of whales swim into the fjiord.