Very disappointed with you Fred

Well we have tried today to change a cruise we had booked with Fred for January, It appears that even if you have a good reason ( medical) they won't let you change anything. We will now have to claim on the insurance and book something different with Thomson or P&O:(

Even if we had booked the owners suite on the cruise we had chosen to change we still couldn't change our cruise I don't understand why? Surely they don't want to loose business like this sadly this has put me off Fred for good has anyone else have a similar experience?

These are normal T & Cs for any holiday, not just applying to Fred Olsen. My friends have booked a Thomson cruise as they especially wanted to visit Sevastopol, but they won't let them change or give any information as to whether it will operate as normal.

These are normal T & Cs for any holiday, not just applying to Fred Olsen. My friends have booked a Thomson cruise as they especially wanted to visit Sevastopol, but they won't let them change or give any information as to whether it will operate as normal.

Its so frustrating according to their terms and conditions you can change once which is what we are trying to do but we have to have a cruise that meets a certain price and I can't do that given that we have a 15 night cruise booked and the only thing we can get near is a 32 night one and I don't have that much leave to take. Braemar is my favorite ship as well. Given that it is an unexpected medical condition preventing me from going to the Carribean due to medication it's really frustrating.

Given that it is an unexpected medical condition preventing me from going to the Carribean due to medication it's really frustrating.

With respect, that is exactly why you have travel insurance.

Something unexpected happens, the insurance pays out, Fred is happy, you do not lose and you have the money to book something suitable once the problems are sorted.

I can't see why this is Fred's fault?

Its so frustrating according to their terms and conditions you can change once which is what we are trying to do but we have to have a cruise that meets a certain price and I can't do that given that we have a 15 night cruise booked and the only thing we can get near is a 32 night one and I don't have that much leave to take. Braemar is my favorite ship as well. Given that it is an unexpected medical condition preventing me from going to the Carribean due to medication it's really frustrating.

Do you mean that they will let you change, but they don't have any other cruises that you like? That's hardly their fault, is it?

Do you mean that they will let you change, but they don't have any other cruises that you like? That's hardly their fault, is it?

Sorry I probably wasn't clear, yes they have a cruise that I can do and would like to go on for 15 nights but they won't let me change as it's cheaper. When I inquired they said under their T&C's we could change once so I went and looked to see their availability and found just one cruise which we could do however when we tried to book even if we booked the owners suite we still couldn't do it. The only option is a 32 nighter even though our original cruise was for 15 nights, I appreciate my medical issue is not anyone's fault and that I can claim on my insurance, however I do like the Braemar and feel Fred could have been more helpful rather than saying we could change then saying we couldn't. I expect this happens more than once and I just find it hard to accept that they would rather loose a booking than be a little flexable.

As said previously just make a claim and get your money back.

Then you can book the cheaper 15 day trip you mentioned - you get a holiday or your choice and some money back. Where is the problem here.

• 1 month later...
Well we have tried today to change a cruise we had booked with Fred for January, It appears that even if you have a good reason (medical) they won't let you change anything. We will now have to claim on the insurance and book something different with Thomson or P&O:(

Even if we had booked the owners suite on the cruise we had chosen to change we still couldn't change our cruise I don't understand why? Surely they don't want to loose business like this sadly this has put me off Fred for good has anyone else have a similar experience?

And ? That's why travel insurance almost always has a cancellation cost.