Maui waterfalls in july

ajtraveler66

I will be on the POA in July. Maui is the first stop. I was wondering how 'full' the waterfalls would be at this time of the year.

Also...in the event that they usually are "full" which one is the best one to see?

If I find a good waterfall, I'd just as soon make my way to that place 'on my own' and spend a considerable amount of time there. [As opposed to being in a tour group....where they just give you enough time to take a picture.].

I will be on the POA in July. Maui is the first stop. I was wondering how 'full' the waterfalls would be at this time of the year.

Also...in the event that they usually are "full" which one is the best one to see?

If I find a good waterfall, I'd just as soon make my way to that place 'on my own' and spend a considerable amount of time there. [As opposed to being in a tour group....where they just give you enough time to take a picture.].

Here's the average weather in July from a local meteorologist here on Maui:

July – Summer fully engaged weatherwise, with warm to very warm temperatures. Fortunately the tradewinds temper the summer-time heat. These cooling and refreshing winds keep Maui feeling comfortable during the long warm summer months. Very infrequently a tropical storm may move close to the area giving sticky weather and showers. Summer is when Maui sees small -medium size waves rolling onto the South facing shores from Lahaina to Wailea. These waves are generated in the Southern Hemisphere down near New Zealand…where winter storms "down under" send waves 1000’s of miles….to arrive here as South swell. Tradewinds are blowing on the average 95% of the time. Sea water temperature averages about 78 degrees F.

July averages for different locations on Maui Lahaina 88-69 F. (31.1C-20.6C) .17" of precipitation; Hana 88-70 F. (28.3C-21.1C) 5.60" of precipitation

Kahului 87-71 F. (30.6C-21.7C) .38" of precipitation Kahului % of possible daytime sunshine: 69%

With Hana averaging 5.60" of rainfall the waterfalls should be flowing. We've had a normal winter rainfall this year & the past two summers have had more tropical storms. That can result in tranquil streams & waterfalls to experience flash flooding from heavy rain. So use caution because I've read that heavy rain further up Haleakala can sound like a freight train when it becomes a flash flood resulting in injuries & deaths. :(

I cannot help with which waterfall may be best for you because we don't venture there often because we've experienced the beauty enough times & it's a long day from our house to see the same things. ;)

Depends how much rain has happened prior. The waterfalls always "fall"...sometimes, they are more "splashy" than other times. We happened to be there when there was little rainfall...but the waterfalls were still evident.