Best Options For Trip

CountryCruiser

My wife and I are in our early 40's and are cruising ti St. Martin in January. Looking for our best options to accomplish the following. Last time on the island, we went to Orient Beach and to the Airplane Beach. Don't care to see the airplanes again. Will need to be able to access by taxi.

What we are looking for:

Nice area for shopping. (looking for more stuff along the lines of locally made stuff and not commercial stuff)

Nice beach with plenty of shade for me and plenty of sun for the wife. Pretty scenery, nice sand, chairs, and decent restrooms. Water condition is not a big deal.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

My wife and I are in our early 40's and are cruising ti St. Martin in January. Looking for our best options to accomplish the following. Last time on the island, we went to Orient Beach and to the Airplane Beach. Don't care to see the airplanes again. Will need to be able to access by taxi.

What we are looking for:

Nice area for shopping. (looking for more stuff along the lines of locally made stuff and not commercial stuff)

Nice beach with plenty of shade for me and plenty of sun for the wife. Pretty scenery, nice sand, chairs, and decent restrooms. Water condition is not a big deal.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

The Marigot Market has crafters especially on Wed and Sat. And taking a taxi there from the port and then to Le Galion beach would be my suggestion to get what you are looking for.

I second the Marigot Market area. I bought a lovely watercolor print of one of the Philipsburg streets - to this day one of my favourite souvenirs, and I'm sure it wasn't expensive at all. Now, there were other items at the market that I'd definitely consider more commercial - loads of tshirts, but some unique items too.

Ma DouDou rum is something to consider for a unique souvenir as well, the bottles are very pretty and it is quite popular.

The only beach I've been to apart from Orient and Maho (the airplane beach) is Mullet Bay, and it was very nice, relaxing, and not busy at all. It is very close to Maho (within walking distance)