Beaches in Walking Distance

LetsMakeWaves55

Short answer...NO.

But you can easily take a taxi to West Bay for a beautiful beach. Or look into Bananarama or Beachers, for independent excursions to their facilities that includes transportation.

I kinda figured that was going to be the case. But a short taxi ride isn't a big deal.

• 4 weeks later...

If you decide to do an excursion, think about Maya Key. It is a 5 minute boat ride across the harbor where the NCL ship docks.

It is a private island with a beach and great snorkeling. Since it is private, you don't have the vendors trying to sell you something. They also have a swimming pool and your lunch is included with the excursion. The tender boat will take you back to the ship on the hour and 1/2 hour.

It is a wonderful island, very clean and friendly staff.

They also have a animal rescue facility and replica of Mayan Ruins.

If you decide to do an excursion, think about Maya Key. It is a 5 minute boat ride across the harbor where the NCL ship docks.

It is a private island with a beach and great snorkeling. Since it is private, you don't have the vendors trying to sell you something. They also have a swimming pool and your lunch is included with the excursion. The tender boat will take you back to the ship on the hour and 1/2 hour.

It is a wonderful island, very clean and friendly staff.

They also have a animal rescue facility and replica of Mayan Ruins.

Thank you! This sounds like a good idea - I don't want to take a taxi anywhere really as I've heard it isn't the best place to do that. We were looking at a catamaran excursion through NCL but all the excursions seem pretty pricey for what they are.

• 2 months later...

Having just been there on the Getaway 12/4 sailing I can confirm that there are two beaches within walking distance of Coxan Hole. They were used by locals and there were plenty of people swimming there when we drove past on our way back to the ship.

Now, they are just beaches with no chairs or amenities except for a convenience store by one of them so there is that.

Here's a visual:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wY3cqOzv6FrpHS4rVvKo8_1RUA9B5nQYzz21fRn3kf8/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by CoffeeGoddess