Suggestions for a afternoon in Nassau

tedbearz

Hello we will be in Nassau from 12pm-7pm.

So far we are planning to see:

John Watling's Distillery

Graycliff Chocolate Tour

Ardastra Gardens/Zoo

Fish Fry

Queen's Staircase

Fort Fincastle

Shopping on Bay Street

Would we be able to all this and not be rushed? What would be the best order to to do this?

Any other recommendations for places close by? Are there any group tours that would go to the same places?

Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by tedbearz

Would we be able to all this and not be rushed?

No. :)

You'll need 1.5 to 2 hours for the Fish Fry, at least 2 hours for Graycliff and John Watlings, at least 1.5 hours for Ardastra, at least 1 hour for Queen's Staircase/Fort Fincastle. I would narrow down the list and take the time to enjoy each place.

Here are a couple of alternatives:

1)

Take a bus or cab to the Fish Fry for lunch, then cab it over to Graycliff, the John Watlings. Have a relaxing mojito, then stumble down to Bay Street for shopping before getting on the ship.

1b)

Do the above except have the cab take you to the Queen's Staircase instead of Graycliff, then walk to Graycliff afterwards. But that wouldn't leave much time for shopping - or the mojito. :)

2)

Take a bus or cab to the Fish Fry for lunch, then walk to Ardastra. Try to be at Ardastra for the lorry parrot feeding, it's really fun. After Ardastra, take a cab to the Queen's Staircase. Then walk back to the ship, stopping for shopping on the way.

3) If you don't want to miss any of the sightseeing, skip the Fish Fry and grab something quick to eat before you get off the ship. The Fish Fry really can take some time. It's not something you want to do if you're on a tight schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! We had one extra hour in port as the ship extended it's time in port. We ended up skipping the fish fry. We started out by taking the #10 Jitney to the zoo, then John Watlings/Graycliff and then Bay Street and had plenty of time left over.

No. :)

You'll need 1.5 to 2 hours for the Fish Fry, at least 2 hours for Graycliff and John Watlings, at least 1.5 hours for Ardastra, at least 1 hour for Queen's Staircase/Fort Fincastle. I would narrow down the list and take the time to enjoy each place.

Here are a couple of alternatives:

1)

Take a bus or cab to the Fish Fry for lunch, then cab it over to Graycliff, the John Watlings. Have a relaxing mojito, then stumble down to Bay Street for shopping before getting on the ship.

1b)

Do the above except have the cab take you to the Queen's Staircase instead of Graycliff, then walk to Graycliff afterwards. But that wouldn't leave much time for shopping - or the mojito. :)

2)

Take a bus or cab to the Fish Fry for lunch, then walk to Ardastra. Try to be at Ardastra for the lorry parrot feeding, it's really fun. After Ardastra, take a cab to the Queen's Staircase. Then walk back to the ship, stopping for shopping on the way.

3) If you don't want to miss any of the sightseeing, skip the Fish Fry and grab something quick to eat before you get off the ship. The Fish Fry really can take some time. It's not something you want to do if you're on a tight schedule.

Why would you need 1.5 to 2 hours at the Fish Fry? We've not been there yet but its planned for next month.

It's made to order food on Island Time. :) We've eaten there twice - once at Goldies, once at Oh Andros. I don't remember Goldies taking that long but at Oh Andros, we waited an hour just for some conch fritters. It was really, really slow. I wouldn't eat at the Fish Fry if I was in a hurry. It's more of a place to hang out and relax.

I was also taking into account the time to get from destination to destination.

It's made to order food on Island Time. :) We've eaten there twice - once at Goldies, once at Oh Andros. I don't remember Goldies taking that long but at Oh Andros, we waited an hour just for some conch fritters. It was really, really slow. I wouldn't eat at the Fish Fry if I was in a hurry. It's more of a place to hang out and relax.

I was also taking into account the time to get from destination to destination.

I completely agree. FIsh Fry is far from Fast food. 1.5 hours would be a treat.

I love Oh Andros, but they are as slow as the others.