Bad back and pool steps, help please.

My DH and I need a cruise ship that has steps into the pool and not a ladder type entry. Do any cruise ships do this please? We can't really choose a cruise until we have this important info. We ideally wish to cruise anywhere in the Caribbean. Any help from you experienced people would be a godsend to us, thank you.

My DH and I need a cruise ship that has steps into the pool and not a ladder type entry. Do any cruise ships do this please? We can't really choose a cruise until we have this important info. We ideally wish to cruise anywhere in the Caribbean. Any help from you experienced people would be a godsend to us, thank you.

RCCL has a Hydraulic lift for one pool and one whirlpool on each ship in the fleet. This will work out better than stairs. Just ask one of the pool deck stewards to assist you when using the lift for the first time. It's generally turned off so kids don't play with it, that why you need to get a pool deck steward to assit you.

Hi Gairy Fodmother (funny:D)!

All of the M-class ships of the Celebrity cruise line have steps to both the outside pool and the inside Thalassotherapy pool (huge, free, warm indoor pool with jets for your back....nice). Here's a picture I found: http://www.ucruiser.com/gallery/view/id_237/field_/title_Constellation-Thalassotherapy-Pool/

These ships are Millenium, Constellation, Infinity, and Summit. I see the Constellation is sailing 14 night cruises in the Caribbean. She's my favorite. We'll be sailing her soon. Look on the Celebrity.com site for more info.

Hope this helps.

Judy

Celebrity's Solstice Class ships also have steps into the Adult Solarium Covered Pool. The entrance to it is right beside the outdoor pools. I use a scooter. I park my scooter and sit right by the doors to the Solarium Pool so that I can go from the outside to the inside in just a few steps. Solstice Class ships are beautiful!

Princess has pools you can step in on Crown, Diamond, and Emerald, . They are located outside near the spas. They have a machine and you can swim against a current if you want. They are usually not crowded. They may have pools on some of the twins to those listed above but I am sure of the ones listed.

Emerald is doing Caribbean this summer.

when i was on the Millenium (celebrity) it had excellent steps into the pools.

We're on NCL's Pearl this time and 1 of the 2 pools has steps as an entry. The other one has those silly ladders.

Best advice, search for photos of the pools on the ships you're most interested in to see what kind of pool entry they have.

Thank you so much. I did try and look at pictures of pools but they never show the whole of the pool so I was stumped. But thanks to the wonderful people on here we can pick and choose now xxxxxxxxx

Hit up youtube. they will often show different angles of the pool that you don't see in still photos.

The Island Princess has a wonderful set up with very shallow steps into the pool, with a handrail. I have a hard time getting into our own pool with steps, but didn't have any trouble on the Island. I'm guessing that her twin, the Coral Princess also has this set up. It was the pool with the movable covered roof...........can't remember the name.

Archived