I hate to ask this

yvonneh

Depends on conditions and how many are trying to use it.

Best in port when the ship isn't moving so much and real early in the morning before others get on the Internet.

I do not try and conduct business on the ship's internet but I deal with huge files. Email isn't a problem, large files can be. ;)

Another suggestion is to downsize your JPEG2000 photos to around 100k

Another suggestion would be to compose your email in a program, copy then past into your email, this keeps the fuse down which saves money.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

It's satellite Internet which is slow, but gets the job done. As previously stated, it will get slower at peak times with so many using it. I always had good connectivity mid day and was able to use face time with the kids back home in Texas before they went to bed.

Just don't forget to log out when you're done!

Definitely compose emails ahead of time!. I also found when using my iPhone or iPad the Internet was faster on the ship. Finding free wifi at the three major ports is easy. Yes the other ones - good luck!

Edited by twin123185

• 1 month later...

I hope I'm not too late to chime in on this question! We returned October 10th from the 7 day Society Island cruise. The cruise was otherwise absolutely fabulous, but I did find the Internet to be very, very frustrating; slow to connect and often just not available. (I had a little better luck getting wifi with my iPad than my iPhone). I was a regular visitor to the Internet cafe, manned by a very nice gentleman named Dimitri who tried his best to troubleshoot. But there was only so much he could do. I would set your expectations low and hope for the best!

I'm not even sure how many internet cafes you'd find near the dock at Bora Bora or Papeete. Certainly not at Moorea, at least not walking distance.

I agree with others. If it's just a matter of checking and responding to email, you can cope, but it will be frustrating at times.

There are 2 Internet cafes ....... Close to the dock area in PPT

The closes is inside the Vaima Centre, only a few blocks from the ship.

On Moorea there is an Internet cafe called Moorea Beach Cafe, about 3/4 of a mile from the tender drop off location if it's in Cook's Bay.

On Bora Bora you have Aloe Cafe with free internet, about 2/10 of a mile from the tender drop off