BUSINESS CLASS ON ATNui

hueyjudy

Anyone with experience LAX-PPT in business class? I've picked up some negative things about the comfort of the seats. Love to hear from anyone who's flown ATN in biz.

I have in the old planes and I think they still have a couple around. Those were awful.

Check flyer talk as that's a great site for stuff like that.

TN has upgraded 4 out of 5 planes to the new configuration. It is an angled lie-flat seat with on-demand entertainment. The 5th plane is used mostly for charters and as a backup since they cancelled the JFK and SYD route. Odds are heavily in your favor to now be flying on an upgraded plane.

TN has upgraded 4 out of 5 planes to the new configuration. It is an angled lie-flat seat with on-demand entertainment. The 5th plane is used mostly for charters and as a backup since they cancelled the JFK and SYD route. Odds are heavily in your favor to now be flying on an upgraded plane.

Well I got stuck on this plane this past summer and it was a regularly scheduled flight. I was happy to be in business BUT if you are not in the front row you can be screwed if the people in front of you recline fully. I also find it interesting that they are getting rid of all their planes and getting Boeing 787's in a couple of years.

Edited by twin123185

Well I got stuck on this plane this past summer and it was a regularly scheduled flight. I was happy to be in business BUT if you are not in the front row you can be screwed if the people in front of you recline fully. I also find it interesting that they are getting rid of all their planes and getting Boeing 787's in a couple of years.

Not before the end of 2017 per Michael.

I think AF is supposed to be changing to flat bed next year so ATN won't be competitive. I would never pay ATN type pricing for less than flat bed.

They upgraded the 4th plane in the autumn of 2015 so by now things should be ok with the new planes. True, Air France is upgrading to fully-flat beds, but this process takes a few years. When TN gets the 787s in 2018, business class will be a new, fully flat seat.

• 1 month later...
Until they get Flat beds I don't think the prices are worth it.

I agree with Emdee! We flew PPT-LAX in Business Class on one of the renovated planes, and it really wasn't far superior to our inbound LAX-PPT flight in Coach. (After 2.5 years, I can't remember their terms for the different classes, sorry.)

It's some years since I have been on AF long haul that is.

As of now they have those uncomfortable plastic seats in biz. Rumour is they are converting yo flat bed but the Tahiti flight is likely to be at the end.

No idea of premium economy though Wendy liked it.

Am I correct that Air France is more comfortable overall, whether economy, premium (?) economy or business class compared to ATN?

Thanks all!

I've only flown the PE seats on AF, and I thought they were fine. Yes, they aren't particularly soft, and they don't really recline as much as tipping back and forth (which is common these days on Air France in general), but we thougt the service was very nice, seats not bad. We've only been on Business on AF once, and not on this route (not long haul). Those seats were great.

We have flown in Business Class 3x due to last minute upgrades. They are worth the money if you can afford it. The food, spacing and comfort are over the top better than coach. We got off the plane after flying Business Class ready to "party" and get on our cruise. In coach, we crawl to the day room hotel and have to rest. We are not spring chickens either.

We have flown in Business Class 3x due to last minute upgrades. They are worth the money if you can afford it. The food, spacing and comfort are over the top better than coach. We got off the plane after flying Business Class ready to "party" and get on our cruise. In coach, we crawl to the day room hotel and have to rest. We are not spring chickens either.

Was this on ATN or AF?