Playa Mia Excursion - Cozumel - Mr. Santos

gwb3636

"You are in port from 6:30-5:00PM (Island Time). The Beach Day at Playa Mia Deluxe with Transfers is $75 a person and it departs one hour after ship arrival. The excursion is 2.5 Hours. " This is what I was emailed if I booked with with Shore Excursions Group website. Does this make sense?

I would prefer to take a taxi to Playa Mia or Mr. Santos from the International Pier. Do the cab drivers prefer to take 4 people as I would rather split the cab cost if possible and just wonder if we can request that by any chance?

Also is the price when you get to either place much more than making a reservation and putting a deposit down on some of the websites? Any recommendations? Thanks for any responses. This is a cruise from RCI and will be in Cozumel on 9/13.

Boy the price of Playa Mia went up! I didn't think it was worth what we paid back in 2008. I was disspointed in this place when we went. We are going back to Cozumel next April and I debated between Mr Sanchoz and Nachi Cocum. We picked the latter. 2.5 hours at Playa Mia? Wow that is definitely over priced.

Back in 2008 I found the beach and pool at Playa Mia to be ok, the food not so great and the water toys to be in disprepair. Now they do offer a Mexican cooking class that gets rave reviews, but I didn't like it as a beach resort only.

Edited by BillOh

We have been to Cozumel many times.

Most of the time we get off the ship, rent a car, and drive to one of the beaches club places.

This is less expensive than a round trip cab ride, and you can go other places if you like.

Mr.Sachos seems to be the bang for the buck lately, but that changes.

We also do not do the "all inclusive" plan just because we don't eat that much food to make it worth the $$

We were at Mr Sanchos last year, all inclusive. The price was $45 pp, taxi fare was $20 each for four of us. Food was excellent, drinks excellent and service was first class. Another advantage of the all inclusive was that the number of people is limited and the beach was not crowded. Would do it again in a heart beat. We spent about four hours there.

We were at Mr Sanchos last year, all inclusive. The price was $45 pp, taxi fare was $20 each for four of us. Food was excellent, drinks excellent and service was first class. Another advantage of the all inclusive was that the number of people is limited and the beach was not crowded. Would do it again in a heart beat. We spent about four hours there.

The taxi was $20 each? I did not know that - I thought it was something like $16 for 4 people total one way must have my reviews mixed up. I have read rave reviews on Mr. Sanchos but not sure about all inclusive as more than 2 drinks and I would proably pass out. Thanks!

Sorry, senior moment, missed out the word way. We also caught the taxi in town, not at the dock, maybe that's why it was a little more expensive.

The all inclusive is not just about the drinks. The food was excellent. The fish tacos were among the best that I have ever had, the shrimp cerviche was....wow. The nachos were great. Also with the limited number of people allowed on the beach, it was great value for $45. We were there for four hours, we ate slowly and drank slowly and had a very relaxing time sat under a huge palapa.

When we did Playa Mia in June, it was a 5hr excursion.

2 1/2hrs seems to me, not to be enough time at all.

Playa Mia, we do most times when in Cozumel, all you can drink, all you can eat.

All included

Umbrellas, tables and chairs.

Hammocks

Water park, water slides

Younger kids paddle pool,area

Beach games

Fresh water pool

Kayaks

Paddle boats

Sail boats

Floating bouncy water park

Only item that we paid for last trip was for snorkeling $15

Massages are offered mainly by the paddle pool along with hair-braiding!

With a fee$$$ sorry did not indulge, so do not know the cost.

Playa Mia cost Adults $87 Child $68, this was in June of this year

Great beach and a great day to relax swim snorkel or just eat and drink

We sat right by one of the drink stands, let's say DW and my DM got a little tipsy

Edited by PompeySailor

You can go to Playa Mia Cozumel dot com website and purchase directly from them. We will be there next week and confirmed that their "at the gate" price is the same as online directly from them. A cab won't be more than $15 each way and you can come and go when you please. There are always tons of

Cabs ready to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn't buy the excursion that includes transportation because that will limit your time. I'm looking at booking them through Cozumel Watersports, $55 per adult for the all inclusive.

I've been to Mr. Sancho's and loved it, but we will have our kids for our next cruise, so think they will like Playa Mia Better.

"You are in port from 6:30-5:00PM (Island Time). The Beach Day at Playa Mia Deluxe with Transfers is $75 a person and it departs one hour after ship arrival. The excursion is 2.5 Hours. " This is what I was emailed if I booked with with Shore Excursions Group website. Does this make sense?

I would prefer to take a taxi to Playa Mia or Mr. Santos from the International Pier. Do the cab drivers prefer to take 4 people as I would rather split the cab cost if possible and just wonder if we can request that by any chance?

Also is the price when you get to either place much more than making a reservation and putting a deposit down on some of the websites? Any recommendations? Thanks for any responses. This is a cruise from RCI and will be in Cozumel on 9/13.

Something don't sound right with paying that much and only getting 2 1/2 hours there??? That would definitely not be worth it for sure! The taxis are only around $11-$15 for up to 4 people 1 way. The cab drivers don't really care how many people you have. There are tons of different types of cabs from a regular car cab to a van cab. They will put you in whatever will suit you best.

Just found this info on Cozumel Mexico Tours Playa Mia Day Pass:

Starting November 1, 2014

, Playa Mia Beach Club will offer round trip transportation from meeting points close to the cruise ship piers in Cozumel. Pick-up times start at 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am or 12pm. Departure times from Playa Mia start at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm and the last one at 6pm. Guests will get to stay as long as they wish!