Cozmel RCI Tulem with Beach Break

cynthialanderson67

We are going to use RCI for this tour and was wondering if anyone has taken it? Is there any shopping? Will we need extra money? Better Pesos or USD? Any info you can give me the better. THANKS :)

We're doing this one in November 2014. Based on the few comments I've seen on CC, it's a long, hot day, but worth it. It sounds like you go from the ship to the ferry to the bus, and then tour the ruins site. There might be water/snacks available, and I understand there is some kind of tram you can pay extra for rather than walking (a few dollars).

We were not planning on changing money, but definitely having small bills and/or asking for change in US money if possible. It doesn't sound like there's much other shopping. From what I've read about the lunch/beach break, there's not much of an opportunity to actually get in the water. Also not sure about needing cash to pay for drinks at the lunch break. We'll need some tip money for the guide, of course.

In Coz, Tulum and Playa del Carmen (where the ferry lands and leaves from) all of the vendors accept US dollars. As mentioned above, bring small bills or you'll wind up with pesos as change that are effectively "souveniers"

We are going to use RCI for this tour and was wondering if anyone has taken it? Is there any shopping? Will we need extra money? Better Pesos or USD? Any info you can give me the better. THANKS :)

we did this excursion last February on the Brilliance.....nice day tour (6 hours).... really enjoyed it.....believe our cost was $78.00 per person..:)

short walk from ship via pier to bus lot and board an AIR CONDITIONED bus (FYI...non-bathroom equipped bus).....44 passengers plus our very knowledgeable - well versed tour guide named Jesus on bus....:eek:

45 minute bus ride to Ruins....

2 hour guided WALKING tour @ Ruins....(uneven ground/paths/walkways so can be difficult for those with mobility issues)...souvenir shops/snack shop/refreshments available ~ beer $5.00 ~ tequila $6.00 ~ bottle water $3.00....

reboard AIR CONDITIONED bus 30 minute ride to beach....

bus stops at restaurant on beach for 2 hours....food/drinks/shops/bathrooms & showers available ~ restaurant has indoor/outdoor bar area & tables and also beachchairs/loungers....we chose to sit on beach in loungers....prompt waiter took our order beachside and served us an excellent lunch which we really enjoyed.....lunch for 2 (fish tacos & cerviche) with 2 beers & 2 margaritas....$60.00 including tip....:)

reboard AIR CONDITIONED bus 30 minute ride back to ship.

ALL stops accepted U.S. Dollars ~ wear comfortable shoes ~ wear sunscreen and bring bug spray for Ruins (many flying insects mosquitoes & gnats) ~ very hot & humid when off AIR CONDITIONED bus so stay hydrated like i did...:D

cheers & enjoy the excursion......:)

Scott