Sea Glass Beach

crp46

The glass beach near Dockyard has a sign saying it is not permitted. People take it anyway.:( People have also reported it being taken from them when they boarded the ship.

No such sign at the glass beach near St. George. There's no way for them to know which beach it was from so I guess they take any they find that a passenger has.

When we went on friday, there was no sign, and nobody took it from us when we got on the ship. who knows! We only took a couple of pieces and there was only one other couple there. it is cool because it is all in the water too!

I just tried uploading photos, but it wouldn't let me :(

Well here's the problem...it's not really a place to snorkel or a beach to go out in. There's nothing but rocks everywhere...big, small, gigantic, little...you name it. I wouldn't try walking in the water at all without any shoes on and it was hard to walk in it WITH shoes on. :eek:

This is a picture I took under the water and fairly close to the edge:

P6090864%20copy-L.jpg

Get out in a few feet of water and it was hard to stand. We had a boat and it would bottom out and we kept having to push it out further to try to get in it without hitting the rocks. :o