Brands on AI packages

I looked over some old threads which gave the brands of beer etc for the AI from a couple of years ago.

Does anyone have any more up to date information about the brands of beers, gin, whisky etc that is included in the package now.

Many thanks

Hi last time on Fred was January. From memory AI included Stella, cans of a well known Cider forget which, a decent draught beer.

As for spirits well they are not well known brands, I had never heard of them.

You can get named spirits for a discount.

I am a serious whisky drinker, after the third day the whisky was acceptable but single malt it wasn't.

The wines were acceptable to me, but you will get different opinions on here.

We found the sparkling very nice.

From last September:

House wine Roc D'Opale

Boddingtons draught (bars only)

Stella Artois draught (bars only)

Strongbow cider can

Spitfire (it says cans but I'm sure I saw bottles)

Carlsberg Export can

Heineken can

House spirits: as 1160451 says, unheard of names.

soft drinks from the soda gun

fruit juices - with one exception, think it might have been grapefruit. When we first questioned this a couple of years ago we were told that whoever wrote the list of included drinks simply forgot it. It would appear that oversight has never been fixed.

Regards, Colin.

Great, thanks for the information.

Glad that Stella is still on the list and a good choice of soft drinks and fruit juice.

I am pleasantly surprised at the range for the price charged. I am not a great spirit drinker but I do like an odd (decent) malt whisky so will use the AI discount for this. (We are visiting a few distillary,s during the cruise so will be "forced"to have the odd dram there!).

To widen this out, has the advent of AI made any difference to the feel of Fred Olsen ships? It has been a few years since we travelled with Fred and they did not do AI packages back then. I assume that most people will be like me and enjoy but not overdo the AI.

Is there the odd minority that have a pint of beer with their cornflakes (yes I have seen this on a ship) and then numerous more thereafter And get louder by the minute - has this had any impact on the ambiance onboard given the ships are small and there are fewer bars for those who get a bit drunk / loud to use?

We were on a short cruise earlier this year and there were quite a few loud drunks around but this was on An RCI weekender.

Not noticed any difference since AI started.

Not sure I have ever seen anybody worse for wear on Fred.

Some folk are sometimes a touch loud but that's with or without drink. Often it's me..😄

fruit juices - with one exception, think it might have been grapefruit. When we first questioned this a couple of years ago we were told that whoever wrote the list of included drinks simply forgot it. It would appear that oversight has never been fixed.

Regards, Colin.

This could be a deliberate policy since many passengers will be taking statins and it's a well known fact that grapefruit interferes with these drugs.

This could be a deliberate policy since many passengers will be taking statins and it's a well known fact that grapefruit interferes with these drugs.

Being one of those affected I should have considered this possibility but it never crossed my mind.

We've done two AI cruises on Fred (the first one, the whole ship was AI) and only saw one person overindulging, or at least only one who had obviously had too much. Out of two shiploads that's probably not bad.

Colin.