What's a good shore excursion company

Slypurrs

Well, when in Rome....

In Rome we used astheromansdo.com. He is expensive, so you might want to try to join with others on the Roll Call, but he was well worth double. He will spend eight hours walking all over Rome, connecting everything together to the various time periods, and he will show you things he has discovered that few others even know about. The best guide we have ever had anywhere, anytime, anyplace, without a shadow of a doubt.

In Naples and Sicily, we used Joe Bananas, and his guides were excellent, and they were very accommodating when we had some last-minute changes.

For Rome consider "Through Eternity" it's a walking tour - but you can take taxis as well. It is much cheaper to do it this way. Our guide from this company was a historian and really planned our day out so that we made the most of the time we had. She met us at our train from Civitavecchia and at the end of the day, made sure we got on the right train to go back. She picked a great restaurant for our lunch. We saw the Spanish Steps, Fountain of 4 Rivers, Trevi Fountain, Forum, Colosseum, and the Pantheon.

Check out RomeInLimo. They get excellent ratings on Trip Advisor. I was on several of their tours (they offer tours in several Italian cities) and they were really great. If/when I do another cruise that includes Italian ports, I will definitely be using their services again.