Excited but confused about cabin

I have cruised many times with Carnival and this trip we booked an "interior" cabin with french doors? I have looked at the pictures, but can't quite figure this one out.

Also, any info for swimming with the whale sharks in La Paz??? All the tours I looked at leave at 7 am and we don't get in until much later. I am really bummed as this was a "bucket list" item for me.

Thanks!!

I have cruised many times with Carnival and this trip we booked an "interior" cabin with french doors? I have looked at the pictures, but can't quite figure this one out.

Also, any info for swimming with the whale sharks in La Paz??? All the tours I looked at leave at 7 am and we don't get in until much later. I am really bummed as this was a "bucket list" item for me.

Thanks!!

We booked interior French door twice. It's actually a balcony room, but you can't go out. The doors open in and you can keep them opened. We got a cabin in between the lifeboats which gives you a pretty nice view! And it costs you much less than a balcony room!

We had a French Door room. It is definitely not a balcony room. There is no balcony on the outside, and you are not allowed to go outside. The doors open, giving you some fresh air, but the railing keeps you inside. The room itself is also noticeably larger than a true interior room.

I got curious about these rooms so I did a search on you tube for "French door cabin Carnival". Two very good videos popped up showing everything about these rooms... I would definitely love this room instead of an interior or ocean view,,,,

We booked this type cabin on the Legend while cruising Western Caribbean, it was hot outside the whole time-unbelievably hot, so if we had booked a balcony we would never have used it. So, we booked this type again for our Alaska cruise later this year. Yes you can open the door, you can look down and see water, and if you are lucky your view will be between life boats. (Ours was not, even though I had read a review that said it was.)

I am not getting my hopes up for the upcoming cruise, so I might be surprised.

I would suggest booking this cabin near the aft of the ship, easy to get to dinner, and doesn't have the pre or post traffic for shows in the main theatre.

WE don't spend a lot of time in the cabin, except to sleep, or to just chill, so the perfect cabin for us. The window that opens, for fresh air, at the price of an interior.:)

I got curious about these rooms so I did a search on you tube for "French door cabin Carnival". Two very good videos popped up showing everything about these rooms... I would definitely love this room instead of an interior or ocean view,,,,

If you truly want one of these be prepared to book early. The "good ones" between the lifeboats book incredibly fast. When I say fast, l am talking a year prior to sailing. Depending on the itinerary sometimes even quicker.

If you truly want one of these be prepared to book early. The "good ones" between the lifeboats book incredibly fast. When I say fast, l am talking a year prior to sailing. Depending on the itinerary sometimes even quicker.

Agreed. I already have my interior w/ french doors between two life boats booked for my Alaska cruise that's 16 months away from now. And I wasn't the first person to book one of the ones between the life boats either. There were others already booked.

We like this category when we sail Pride. Priced like or just above an interior and is the same size and configuration as a balcony room and the light coming in is good.

However, I would not necessarily book one further back. On the starboard you would be above an area that might have karaoke in the evening. We had 4190 on the port side. Yes, the location is great for access to areas most used. However, even though it was TWO decks above the nightclub, we could hear,and feel, the DJ thumping until 2:00 am every night. We will move forward next booking, but not above the Piano Bar either. Use the deck plans on the Carnival site to get a location you like.

I find that category of room to be the best value on Spirit-class ships.

We had one of these cabin on the Miracle, and loved it! We were lucky enough to get a room in between the life boats. It's like an interior in price, an ocean view in the view, and a balcony with the ability to get some fresh air. I loved this cabin!b62ecdad952c611829687a89085ffc4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app