Norwegian Getaway Baltics Disembarkation query

Meg67

Hi,

I'm sailing on the Getaway in July, what is the latest time we will be able to disembark if we dock at 7am

Our flight home isn't until late afternoon, so weighing up options to make the most of our last day.

NCL are offering a couple of last day excursions with drop offs at the airport, but as we are having a 2 night pre cruise stay in Copenhagen, we will most probably have covered the main sights.

TIA, Meg:cool:

Generally, they want you out of your room by about 9am at the latest, and off the ship by 10am.

You will do well to last that last that long. There is nothing to do but sit in the lounges and the calls to get off become more and more persistent as time goes on.

There is luggage storage at the central station, which may be an option even if you have had some time in Copenhagen before. I also understand that there is an aquarium or something near the airport which could pass some time. I don't know too much about that as we only heard about it when we were already at the airport and it was too late to go there.

We did spend a little bit of time at the airport Hilton before we could check in for our flight. It was more comfortable than being at the airport itself. Drinks are fairly expensive, as you'd imagine, but we made one last a while.

Hi,

I'm sailing on the Getaway in July, what is the latest time we will be able to disembark if we dock at 7am

Our flight home isn't until late afternoon, so weighing up options to make the most of our last day.

NCL are offering a couple of last day excursions with drop offs at the airport, but as we are having a 2 night pre cruise stay in Copenhagen, we will most probably have covered the main sights.

TIA, Meg:cool:

You need to be off the ship by 10 am. They ask you to vacate your room early (they ask by 8 am) and move to a public area (dining room, buffet, etc.) so they can turn the room around for the next cruise.

Generally, they want you out of your room by about 9am at the latest, and off the ship by 10am.

You will do well to last that last that long. There is nothing to do but sit in the lounges and the calls to get off become more and more persistent as time goes on.

There is luggage storage at the central station, which may be an option even if you have had some time in Copenhagen before. I also understand that there is an aquarium or something near the airport which could pass some time. I don't know too much about that as we only heard about it when we were already at the airport and it was too late to go there.

We did spend a little bit of time at the airport Hilton before we could check in for our flight. It was more comfortable than being at the airport itself. Drinks are fairly expensive, as you'd imagine, but we made one last a while.

Thanks Keith, the option of leaving our luggage at the train station would be ideal for us.... We could take a leisurely wander, have a spot of lunch and then catch the train back to the airport.... My other half would like the aquarium, he could spend hours watching fish😎

Why not store your bags at central station and jump onto the train across the bridge to malmo?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the suggestion, it's something I would consider, if I decide to go for an early disembarkation :cool:

The zero-count is usually at 10am. So you can disembark at that time at the latest.
Strictly speaking there won't be any zero-count on these Baltic cruises, because people can start from two different embarkation ports (Copenhagen and Warnem?nde). So there will always be passengers on board. Obviously if you're supposed to disembark that day, you have to get off the ship eventually, and the latest time is usually specified in the disembarkation instructions (and like you said, it's typically around 10am).

The aquarium in Copenhagen is pretty great, and they have luggage lockers, but I wouldn't spend the whole day there. It's perfect for a couple of spare hours before an afternoon/evening flight. It's not just fish, they also have puffins and sea otters :) If you think you might want to do this, stop by the airport tourist info desk when you first arrive in Copenhagen and ask if they have a discount voucher.